ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The run down with my homo love affair with this turd: Buster. For what its worth, new chassis is halfway down page 3. And it begins...\/

walmart cheapo paint had seen better days

right away, oil change (year old), repaint, and rust.
genius me deleted the picture on accident. one soon i promise!

put in a purple grant wheel i got from a buddy, cueball shift knob, and cd player. Ordered/bought parts this week: Jackson Racing catback, test pipe, Raceland coilovers, Hard Dog roll bar, new lugs, 220mm Proper bubble shift knob, and some misc. stuff.

hard dog hardcore m1:mrgreen:

you'll be missed cue ball

suspension should be here tuesday. still gotta flush the tranny, diff, weld crush/skid plates/and snag extended tophats.

·
Za Lord
943 Posts
Re: buster, the ol' hoodride

Fix. Trunk. Yesterday.

Seriously. Even if you paint it purple like the wheels. You don't want to be in the VW kiddie circle for real, do you?

P.S. where'd you get that purple paint?

·
Registered
686 Posts

Looks like your on the right path man! I actually dig the rust :whistle: But than again I have spent some time in the socal old school vw scene, where slammed with rust is the norm haha

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Fix. Trunk. Yesterday.

Seriously. Even if you paint it purple like the wheels. You don't want to be in the VW kiddie circle for real, do you?

P.S. where'd you get that purple paint?
nah. just wanted to make mike burroughs proud. but seriously, nah. i wanted rust

im sorry but a 2 seater convertible miata can never be a hoodride.
i think its what you make it. most people would say it could never be a masuline car. i could really care less what anyone has to say, and i mean that in the most un-douche way possible

·
Zero felonies. One deportation.
1,594 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel on the rust. I kinda dig it, but at the same time I prefer the clean look. Other then that your car is shaping up quite nicely!

Ps- nice avatar. Dumb and dumber ftw!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

preppin for the m1

my old piranha brutus tattoo:)

3 hours roughly for install time. pretty straight forward, just tedious. stoked. gonna put the small guts and package tray back together tommorrow. my poochie had been inside alone for a bit, so we had to have some play time:)))

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Dat rust, and I am not talkin bout dat trunk!

Nice progress though.
i know man:( i knocked a little out when i was pullin fenders hammer style. i hit it with some flat black again tho, so its not so noticeable. ill get some better pics up by the weekend. its definately on the to do list....but i feel super good about saving my little NA so he wasnt left to rot all alone

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts

i think cutting and rewelding new rear quarters is too much work man. never done it, but i've heard its a PITA. just remove the rust and get it cleaned up. no need for new quarters IMO.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

i think cutting and rewelding new rear quarters is too much work man. never done it, but i've heard its a PITA. just remove the rust and get it cleaned up. no need for new quarters IMO.
word. i had talked to a friend who had done it...said you can cut at the pinch welds/seams and its not too bad, but i lean more so to your idea. thats always what ive seen as the right way to do it. plus, its flat black...cut, weld, and spray. shouldnt be too bad

·
Registered
388 Posts

you dont know **** about rust do you haha.. to remove it he's gonna need to cut out that metal.. and when he does that he's gonna need to weld in new quarters, or metal shaped for that area.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts