ClubRoadster.net banner

Buyer beware: TougeAtlanta ... Payment sent 14 March ... no response to multiple messages

Private transaction 
2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wildman923 
#1 · (Edited)
Sent payment for: http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/28-sale-trade/146913-legit-hollow-spokes-tires.html on 14 March ... following message received on 17 March:

"got your paypal. Im on vacation right now but I should be back in a few days and will shipem out!"

Multiple private messages and e-mail to paypal address asking for an update but no response. Opened Dispute with paypal, if I dont hear anything by 11 April (1 month mark) will be filing a claim. Sucks I'm having to post this and go through these steps, but no other option at this point.

Update 9 April:
I did hear back from the seller who is currently "Waiting on a call back from FedEx".

#3 ·
Just so I understand, you contacted the guy and on April 9 he told you that he was in communication with fedex for shipping a very large item. A much larger and heavier than average package This was not good enough so you asked for your money back?

You said after 1 month of no communication you would file a response, you get a response and it is not good enough so you file the complaint with paypal anyway.

What do you want?

#4 ·
According to the seller he was in communication with Fedex since 7 April:

"Let me call FedEx and see what is going on. You should have them already. If for whatever reason they will not reach you this week I will go ahead and refund your payment."

With the final information received on 10 April was:

"The wheels are back FedEx. Not sure how it happened but wrong shipping label completely. If you can send me address again I'll have them sent back out and a tracking number for you."

At that point I requested my payment be refunded (as he stated he would do on 7 April). I gave the seller another day to refund my payment. After hearing nothing by end of normal business hours on Friday I then submitted a claim through paypal. I have been more than patient in this whole transaction. At this point I'm in recovery mode and just trying to get my money back.

#5 ·
I work for an online company and while unfortunately these things do sometimes happen with FedEx (I have over 500 packages shipping every day) just be glad he was using FedEx and not USPS.. You both would have been screwed if the package got sent to a mail recovery center.

Regardless... seems kind of understandable but the seller does seem like he was doing his best given the circumstances. Hope you get the money back, PayPal is usually pretty easy to deal with when it comes to these sort of things

Good luck

-ono1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.