ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need them in two weeks, who should i go with and where can i get em. got 330 to spend!!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You're just gonna chew 'em up on track. I'd buy whatever's reasonable quality. No use paying for a name on a car that's as gentle on brakes as the Miata.

I can't remember what brand of rotors Eddie sets me up with, but they're not drilled/slotted or any BS like that and they've held up to the abuse great.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Holy brakefade Cap'n Cheesefries!!! I got annoyed doing a trackday on Axxis Ultimates, much less stockers. You're a better man than I, i guess.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
it really depends on a lot of things. The pad compound I order, whether I need fresh fluid and rotors, etc. I wanna say that my biggest bill I got was around your budget, but that included a TON of stuff.

Call Adrenaline, let 'em know what you're going to do with your car as well as your budget and they'll get you sorted.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
you might want to check your local autoparts store for rotors. I picked up all four for 52 bucks recently.
52.00 for the set?! Man, if i weren't doing track days in the car i'd be on that like nobody's business. Gotta love the "finest rotors made in China" for street use! I cracked a pair of cheapo fronts through to the vanes in about 12 spots on each front rotor back in the day on my Neon.

For 13.00 a pop, ya damned well bet I got another pair. ;)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Eddie was saying some good things about the new Cobalt pads. They sound like they are going to be the new hot setup for mixed use street/track pad. I don't know if they have been released yet though.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The most important thing you can do is to flush out the old the brake fluid!! Fresh fluid is your best friend.

·
Registered
668 Posts
HP+(or lower), Porterfields, Colbalts, Carbotech AX6 (or lower)..
I've driven HP+, Porter's, and Colbalts.. Good for street/track/auto-x.

My spec miata has Hawk Blues.. 1200miles / front pad and rotor set.. and take a few 100-0mph stops to even start to work on a light car like the miata.
Obviously not for street use. Hence the "or lower" comment. Hawk and Carbotech sell some serious brake pads.

Stop rotors (are made by brembo actually) and pads are all you need. BBK on a miata isn' necessary IMO. I'd be temped to try this deal: http://adrenalineracing.com/product...d/837?osCsid=e7cacf9a53c544877bde19b78851a40b

1 - 19 of 19 Posts