ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Did you dry-sump that VQ motor in the Sentra?
I know the VQ is a tall motor, and it looks like it's mounted low as hell in the pic you posted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you dry-sump that VQ motor in the Sentra?
I know the VQ is a tall motor, and it looks like it's mounted low as hell in the pic you posted.
The VQ was lowered 1" from the original mounting points for the QR... no dry sump just a reinforced oilpan, and tucked higher tubular crossmember and exhaust...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice levin, why'd you get rid of it for?
Thanks, drifting is not that big of a sport here in the island and the car was barely being used, I still have the shell, might rebuild it in a future maybe in a more streetable version and sell it so someone can enjoy it... at the moment it's still the only Levin here in PR

·
Registered
357 Posts
The VQ was lowered 1" from the original mounting points for the QR... no dry sump just a reinforced oilpan, and tucked higher tubular crossmember and exhaust...
Ah, I see. Nice!

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
I thought I recognized that username! My name was bigdaddygnar on b15sentra.net haha. Had a very stock GXE. I actually have an NB now myself. Definitely gonna be following this build :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
updates!

found a local totalled NB1 with oem sideskirts and rear mudguards (bought them all for $75)
Godspeed supplied a set of their coilovers for testing
ordered a set of 16x8 et0 xxr 532s (getting them custom painted/polished)
ordered NB1 Garage Vary lip from Tetsuya
bought some C&C visor deletes
bought a pair of UK spec Clear side markers
NRG supplied, diverter plate, steering wheel and shift knob

need to decide which seats to go with and still waiting on obx itbs for NB...

this is a low budget project so don't expect to see "baller" parts

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Nice! As for seats, I'm biased towards Lotus Elise seats but the leather does let you slide a bit. Can't really go wrong with any name brand FRP seats though. I had Corbeau Forzas, which were nice, but the tubular frame sketched me out. I had a SFI padding on my rollbar, but my head rested on top bar of the seat itself so it was unsafe regardless.

That being said, Corbeau's FX1 pros are a good budget alternative. But I know there can be fitment issues with the stock NB door panels. It'll rub to say the least. You might need to either ditch the door panels or get NA uppers with custom lowers to make it fit without rubbing.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts