ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, here is the start of my build blog. I am trying to create a really clean look to this car but am not going to anything very drastic. I want to keep the words in my posts in this thread as limited as possible and post as many pics as I can of my progression. If you have questions, feel free to ask or PM me :)

First day of owning her:

First few small mods done:

Removal of the ugly factory luggage rack (still needs a buff to eliminate outline):

Removal of the factory shift knob with a knock-off momo one and replacing this old aftermarket headunit with a nicer boss audio cd-less unit:

Old:

New:

That's it for now. I've owned her for less than a week so far, so more is to come!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today, I removed the baby teeth.

Vapor canister and baby teeth out:

Toofless:

I read somewhere that youre not a true miata fan until you have shed blood removing the teeth. Well I guess that was a literal statement:

I can haz part of fanship now?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I took mine out while I had my bumper and the plastic air guides off. Use a breaker bar and it was easy as pie. No blood shed necessary.

Of course, it helped that I was making a custom bumper at the time. :)

Oh, and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took mine out while I had my bumper and the plastic air guides off. Use a breaker bar and it was easy as pie. No blood shed necessary.

Of course, it helped that I was making a custom bumper at the time. :)

Oh, and welcome to the club.
Good idea. Luckily for me, this car is basically rust free, so breaking the bolts loose was relatively easy to do. It was just hard to get one on each side due to the plastic guides covering them, leading to the busted thumb.

And thank you sir

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Small update:

Installed a shorty antenna and tinted the front turn signals yellow yesterday

(dont hate to much on the carbon fiber. Its hardly noticable)

Have to do a clutch soon. I plan on using F-1's stage 2 clutch along with their chromoly lightweight flywheel. As I take care of that, ill be replacing plenty of seals tucked in the bellhousing, doing a gearbox oil change, and installing an e-gay STS. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Decided to add a hardtop and a HD Sport M2 w/ a single diagnol and then give it a wash

Threw the luggage rack back on because my trunk kept filling up with water. Wasnt sure it if it was coming from the holes

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been awhile since I updated this thread. Last year, I added some no name 16" wheels wrapped in BFG Sport Comp 2's (205/45/r16) along with a license plate relocate that I made myself. Took her to the track last season and had some fun

Also, I redded out the tail lights, so no more amber turn signal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This year, so far, Ive installed some used Tein Flex's, and Flyin Miata's tow hooks, so now it should start to really come to life on the track.

*Saved space for before and after or drop*

Ive also painted the valve cover wrinkle black, which came out really well, and added a custom short ram intake with a little k&n filter, and a strut bar that is going to be removed here shortly, to be replaced by an Ultra Racing one.

*also space saved for pics*

And lastly, my passenger side mirror broke, so Ive used it as incentive to do fender mirrors B). I will post Pics of this once they are installed too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts