ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
callmesam's 1997 Miata *lots of pics*

(2013 update, it's back!)

Hey guys, I'm Sam, new to the clubroadster forum. I'm a proud owner of a 1997 roadster since 2 days ago :) I went to pick up the hardtop from another seller the same day i bought the car. So anyway, this will be my build/picture thread.

With my winter driver chevy cobalt in front

Updates soon...
Sam

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
It's always refreshing to see a clean red car rocking those wheels.
Sucks you're going with the cookie cutter lips rota and rokkor package way.

Oh well. It's your car, lol do as you please.

Maybe you have some cool stuff in store for it :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello guys! sorry for the late reply. I was busy wrenching :) so after a few weeks of work and waiting on parts, this is the progress.

I have to say i'm impressed with the ride quality of the rokkors. a little stiffer then stock and a lot less body roll in corners. remains a confortable ride which is perfect. I wont be racing this car.. Unfortunatly, the only negative for the suspension is that i had to remove the rear helper springs so the would not rub on the driveshaft... anyway:

installed:

I rented a fender roller/heat gun and temp guage.. went really well!!

Wheels just in:

installed/aligned:

Thats all for now! more to come

Sam

·
··
4,227 Posts
Lookin' good man, check out 'whataboutno''s car, real similar and might give ya some good ideas.
Bout them Rokkors, you had to remove the helper springs and ended up with that height, say I wanted mine to sit a bit higher ya think I'd have to remove the springs or not?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lookin' good man, check out 'whataboutno''s car, real similar and might give ya some good ideas.
Bout them Rokkors, you had to remove the helper springs and ended up with that height, say I wanted mine to sit a bit higher ya think I'd have to remove the springs or not?
Depends how much higher but if you hit a big bump, i think it would rub... I've heard some people leave it and it rubs.. but i dont like having something rub on a moving part so i removed it. hope this helps

Sam

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Looks great!!!!!!!!!!! I love how clean your engine bay is.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts