ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you guys, but I see mostly women driving around in the new Camaro. And most of the time, good looking women. I think it's funny since that's considered such a manly muscle car and our lowly Miata is a joke in the Camaro driver's eyes. My brother in law drives one and he is the type to get a manicure and sits behind a desk for his job. Not gay, but very metro. At one time the Camaro was the car that the mechanic or hard working man drove. Sorry, but now it's kind of sissy-fied.

Most of you aren't old enough to remember this but back in the 80s one of the hottest cars you could own was the IROC-Z Camaro. It was the shiznit. It wasn't long until that became known as a "hairdresser's car" or a girlie man ride. Pretty much the same for the Mustang GT 5.0 around that time as well. I'm predicting these poor show off Camaro owners to soon be lamenting their purchase as it's going to be a girlie ride and the Miata will be cool once again! Okay, I'm over-reaching there, but a boy can dream. At least maybe we won't be uncool. :)

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
I always loved the camaro, and the iroc-z was actually supposed to be my first car, but picked my first miata cuz gas would have been killer.
I don't know if i'd consider the camaro the girl car, but mustang for sure. Never been a fan, and never will be. But I definitely know more women who own mustangs than camaros and even the infamous girly miata. I love my car, and anyone who drives it does too....
I mean, who wouldn't love a street legal go cart right? :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always loved the camaro, and the iroc-z was actually supposed to be my first car, but picked my first miata cuz gas would have been killer.
I don't know if i'd consider the camaro the girl car, but mustang for sure. Never been a fan, and never will be. But I definitely know more women who own mustangs than camaros and even the infamous girly miata. I love my car, and anyone who drives it does too....
I mean, who wouldn't love a street legal go cart right? :)
I almost bought a new Mustang Cobra in 1998. It was yellow and screamed "LOOK AT ME!" The salesman told me it was sold already. I went out the next week and bought a new Miata since the new body style had just come out and I had already test driven it and liked it (silver with ground effects, tan leather and tan top. I had one of the first ones in DFW). The Cobra was about two grand CHEAPER than the Miata! I had a lot of fun in that car and I guess that's why I bought an old one to fix up last summer. I love the street legal go kart. Funny thing is, I drove by in my new Miata a couple of weeks later and the Cobra was still there. I guess someone didn't have the money after all.

·
I'm a little teapot
5,764 Posts
v6 = doom
Actually ... I'd be curious to see if you could pull a 3.6L V6 swap into a miata. The weight should be lower than the LSx series and the HP and torque numbers ain't bad. 312 horsies is almost as much as be good has in his LS1 swap. Of course you'll take a torque hit but with some creative tuning you might be able to offset it some.

Hmmmm ....

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Nope, the miata will always be a girlie car. It's best to just accept it
+1
i never considered stangs or camaros girl's car's at all.
for me there is only one girl's car right now...and its the mini cooper

with that said i'd still own one with no problem if the "s" wasn't so underpowered and lame. i expected a baby m class
and just got a baby.... an overweight baby :fp:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is very true but I submit another candidate: Nissan Murano Convertible.
Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice. I don't think I've ever seen a guy driving one of those.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VW Beetle anyone?
Only the new Beetle. I had a cal style '69 back in the early 90s and ONLY guys drove beetles back then. No girl would be caught dead without A/C or other non working parts that were included on the Beetle...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Only the new Beetle. I had a cal style '69 back in the early 90s and ONLY guys drove beetles back then. No girl would be caught dead without A/C or other non working parts that were included on the Beetle...
Yeah, that's the model I was talking about :p

·
R U ?
7,177 Posts
Actually ... I'd be curious to see if you could pull a 3.6L V6 swap into a miata. The weight should be lower than the LSx series and the HP and torque numbers ain't bad. 312 horsies is almost as much as be good has in his LS1 swap. Of course you'll take a torque hit but with some creative tuning you might be able to offset it some.

Hmmmm ....
The 3.6 V6 looks pretty darn big. I'd be amazed if it actually fits.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You forgot the scion tc, and also the c class benz.
That's a damn shame too. They make a turbo for the TC that makes 300 wheel hp. Kind of scary for a front wheel drive, but super fast. I'd like to see a chick that can drive that. I know they're out there, but not many.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice. I don't think I've ever seen a guy driving one of those.
I've only seen guys drive the turbo versions...

And I can't stand the new Camaro. Ugly, big, slow, ugly, and big.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts