ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is anybody running the Integral Cams on there car. I just installed mine and was curious how they are lasting and running so far.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Which cams did you get cause im looking into getting a set of integral cams myself and i was wondering what motor you have and what stage cams you went with.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 97 1.8 with intake,exhaust,headers,cam gears.
I talked to the guy on the phone and he said I should get the Stage 1 cams for the ability to drive it daily. He said once you go to Stage 2 or up the ride quality suffers a little. He also said with these cams autocross, mountain runs would be more fun. So I have had them in for a few days and they make a huge difference. Highly recommend these cams.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thats sounds like it sealed the deal for me i should be ordering a set really soon now. Also what cam gears are you running just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fidanza...I cut out the valver cover so it looks kinda cool.

·
Registered
499 Posts
im getting the 272s for my 99 head when i swap it :wink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
What degrees of advance/retard did you use the Fidanza's for?

Interested in hearing more about the performance changes, and when you're going to do full chassis dyno comparisons? :lol:

·
Registered
271 Posts
what is the difference between the HKS cams and these...other than what it is made out of.

is there a particular gain using these?

ide like to know.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
How's the idle? What ECU are you running? I was considering the stage 2's for a real NA beast..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine kinda sounds like that but it idles slower so you can hear the lopes, it idles around 1000 rpm or less. I have the stock ECU with a AFC Neo hooked up. I still need to get it tuned on a dyno but it made a big difference already. When it hits 3000rpm it takes off wicked fast. And you can hit redline easily . My cams say there good up to 8000rpm on stock internals.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine kinda sounds like that but it idles slower so you can hear the lopes, it idles around 1000 rpm or less. I have the stock ECU with a AFC Neo hooked up. I still need to get it tuned on a dyno but it made a big difference already. When it hits 3000rpm it takes off wicked fast. And you can hit redline easily . My cams say there good up to 8000rpm on stock internals.
What degree timing do you have them at? stock? I'm thinking about cams but unsure if they would be worth it with the stock degree setting (I have a 99 so it's not easy to advance timing)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Where are these Integral cams available from?

I have the advantage of having an AWD dyno at work. If anybody wants to send me something to test on a 1.8L Miata, I could probably do so without problem. If someone sends me cams, however, I'm liable to not return them :wink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
My cams say there good up to 8000rpm on stock internals.
8000 rpm on stock internals is going to blow up your bottom end relatively quick; on top of that your head (especially your valve springs) will hate you for reving that high. if they're seriously advertising that I'd rethink the company as a whole.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't mean doing this daily. They just said it was possible. I haven't gotten close to 7000 yet. Nor do I plan to. Kinda just saying there that good I guess.

·
Registered
323 Posts
no offense, but with the proper ecu setup It's possible to do 8000 on stock cams. doesn't mean I should. what it comes down to is the engine can't take 8000 rpms. and a stock engine running a 9.0:1 compression with a 254* cam is not going to make power up to 8000 rpm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts