ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not up to speed with all the latest JDM stuff and I've never even seen a Road&Ster mag before so I apologize for being out of touch a bit.

I saved this picture from god knows where a long time ago and have been looking at the rear bumper for just as long. I really like the clean and trimmed up look it has. Plus, it helps relieve some of the air scoop action the stock bumper has.

To me, it looks like a chopped and trimmed bumper but I thought I would ask to see if anyone knows for sure.

Attachments

·
3,542 Posts
Nope, not stock. It's a "shorty" bumper, look closely :) If I had to guess I'd say Barchetta. In the US, Simpson Design makes a similar bumper.

Oh and the bumper was trimmed at the bottom too.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think the front is from a place called US America parts or something like that. I'll look in my magazines and see if I can find it when I get home.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see it's a "shorty" bumper and it also extends downward a lot less than stock too. I wonder how close I could get to something like that with just chopping up the stock bumper.

If you look at the trim line that goes around the stock bumper, now cut off everything above that line and move the entire whole thing and in..now cut off whatever extra that is protruding into the wheel well.

I love the way that bumper (or lack there of) looks. It's kinda like the removed rear fender action I had on my bike.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
im going to be cutting my rear bumper this week. Itll look like the cutout on that bumper in the pic. As ususal, ill post a how to with pics.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
From the Olive Ball Carview page:
Olive Ball said:
OLIVE BALL genuine processed short bumper
Short bumper of genuine processing.
Furthermore cute it tried making the rear end, (the *~~*)
From the time before the projection of the rear bumper has become matter of concern is, the ~
NA→NB→NC and decreasing the projection, the [ru] it does,
Extremely however it made before,? the leading edge??? (Puzzle)
From their website it appears that they do not offer the item off the shelf rather they modify the customer's stock bumper on a per order basis at their shop.
Olive Ball said:
Short bumper NA type roadster
In with the fact that the genuine rear bumper is cut
From the compact it can appeal.
The left of straight type it puts out,
Or it is optimum to also the center putting out muffler.

Bumper processing
Tow hook processing
And so on, job set
¥29,400 = $245
You can do the same modifications yourself or you can buy a shorty rear bumper from Simpson Design or Barchetta.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! Not sure how you did that but thanks for getting all that info. I apologize if it was something I could have done myself....

Whatever the case, it looks like maybe I was right in thinking it was something I could duplicate with a stock bumper....maybe I will give it a shot!

·
3,542 Posts
Looking closely at the bumper, it looks like they cut the top part out and just moved the rest up...kinda like a face lift :)

I'm sure they pretty much removed the inner bumper, so I'd be wary of getting rear ended...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right..like I said earlier I think they cut everything off above the trim line and then moved it up and in and then cut off anything that hung over into the wheel well.

Not only would you have to remove the inner bumper but I think you would have to trim the inner fender part that is metal and maybe even trim the metal where the two hooks bolt to.....not sure but after looking under my bumper it makes me wonder.

That rear bumper looks bitchin' but not sure I want to cut metal

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
the front bumper is jubiride for those that want to know.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
I'm diggin' that car.... looks great...and clean. Hmmm does PIAA make those wheels in 16" or 17" ? :D

Edit- Yes.... for $400+ each.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
^
yup.
that's the car that made me want those piaa's. but then I looked at prices.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts