ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone know about making a 94 1.8 head any better? I want to port and polish will it make a difference I can feel?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wow, slow down Binky. It will be hard for anyone to price anything for you, new? used? Used might be different where you live. Remember, this is a world wide site.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
find a head...
just find one for your engine.
let the boosted guys get the 99 head.
(speaking as a naturally aspirated dude who has a 99 engine that's ported a polished. phillyb hasn't driven his car yet)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
"Rebuilt" bp4w on eBay is $480.00 project g sells for $450 but it serms to me that you are simply new to making bolt on power and I almost promise you have no clue how to go about making the 99-00 vics work with your wiring harness or what it entails to swap the heads. For the same bhp gains you will get from the head on a newbie car, you may as well invest in a great exhaust and intake, and/or save for someone to throw in some form of forced induction

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
A 99 head stock will flow as much as a ported 94-97 head, unless the you get some damn good port work done. The 99 head with equal porting will always flow much better. Head work on either head costs more than a 99 head. Have you ever priced head work? It ain't cheap.

It's your call. You are buying a 99 head used so the price matters on what you can find. No set price for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
24 Posts
there was one guy that got 250 out a NA and it had ITBs too, very pretty. by then you would have spent alot and you can you could get more out of a bolt on for less

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have access to a machine shop and could deck the head but I want to stay simple if i can find a 99 head then I will go from there

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts