ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MOMO steering wheel and a hub i am not familiar with, could be MOMO, i dunno. Anyways i would like a Quick Release for it but am confused. What is EVERYTHING i need to use one? I was thinking of going with the NRG becuase they seem to be a quality product. Also, how do you install them? All help would be appreciated becuase i realy want one but am super confused. Thanx

·
Registered
239 Posts
if you buy a quick release hub, it will come with all the hardware you need. you just bolt it to your hub, and bolt the steering wheel to the quick release. once you see it you'll know exactly how it goes together, and it will take you all of 15 minutes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i dunno... your link isn't linking anything.

but i assume the answer is yes. a high quality product, like nrg, will come with all of the hardware. i think the only thing it won't come with is an allen wrench to bolt everything up.

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
you already have a hub for your momo wheel?

if not get one of those. it fits on your miatas stock steering column like any "factory miata steering wheel would.

next get a quick release hub. NRG, HKB, and several other companies make them. they will all work with your 6 bolt hub.
this quick release will go in the middle of your hub and your steering wheel.

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah, I know, that's one of the reasons I passed on the NRG. I've never heard of any problems with them, but I didn't want to take the chance. The only way the Tekniq is going to develop play is if I gorilla wrench it on opposite lock until all the tabs break loose which would mean the wheel would come off period. It uses the three prongs AND the two locking mechanisms on the side to seat the steering wheel. It's really hard to describe it, I'll see if I have pics sitting around here.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I really like my nrg hub. after a year its still tight. my last q/r got all loose and *@#%! after about 2 months, it was a spline style

i also have an NRG, had it for a little less then a year.. and like Sid said still tight/no play.

my favorite part about the wheel is the dual bolt pattern.. I can run momo/sparco/nardi/personal and I have.

Only thing i don't like about NRG is its so big that it makes the turnsignals more of a reach to get to now.. but other then that i love it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/350824/3
some pics

oh ya one more thing.. the wheels feels very secure when it is locked in. I like having that piece of mind. The quick release won't lock in until all the bearings line up, this quick release is so easy to use.

·
Registered
176 Posts
so just to make sure. you would need the steering wheel hub adaptor (momo in most cases), plus the NRG or tekniq quick release.

HUB ADAPTOR>QR HUB>STEERING WHEEL

is that right? i've been waiting to put on my nardi, but have been lazy.

thanks!

ADD EDIT:

I was just looking around and noticed a honda that had a short hub + the NRG QR. This looked about the same total length as the stock setup. Looks really nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts