ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fearless ****** of Ghosts
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the OEM wheel can be attached to the NRG quick release hub. Not sure of stock wheel bolt pattern so was hoping someone has tried. I need to have OEM steering wheel for STR class, but want to daily a Nardi wheel.

·
Registered
933 Posts
simply put it no. Its possible u would have to fabricate an adapter bc stock has no bolt patter its a single nut holding it to the steering shaft but other than that nope u cant just put a QR on it.

·
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
simply put it no. Its possible u would have to fabricate an adapter bc stock has no bolt patter its a single nut holding it to the steering shaft but other than that nope u cant just put a QR on it.
Thanks for the answer. I may just leave OEM wheel on until I mod to change classes.

Nuwing is a NOOOBBBB
You never msg anymore, WHERE IS THE LOVE?!

it'd be funny to see someone carry a stock steering wheel around only to have the airbag explode
That's why I would disable it and leave it just for appearance for tech inspection. Not like they would dig into the wheel just to see if it is working order!

·
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or have someone weld in a plate to center of quick release hub adapter for the center bolt... Thanks for the idea, OV!

·
Registered
933 Posts
to tell u the truth i see no point in attempting to mod the oem one wouldnt it still be consider a mod? what about a nb nardi wheel? not to sure what would pass tho

·
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to tell u the truth i see no point in attempting to mod the oem one wouldnt it still be consider a mod? what about a nb nardi wheel? not to sure what would pass tho
You have a point there. They USUALLY aren't strict around here for tech inspections except during regional events. NB wheel could work giving that steering wheel can be replaced, but has to be another wheel with an air bag.

Ricer alert!!!!! Lol
How is trying to find a way to stay in class at SCCA events ricer? You're talking to a guy who koni/gc and functional wheels, not one of the kids on here with their XXR and Ricelands.

·
Registered
933 Posts
to all the haters, there's actualy a OEM Miata steering wheel that could be attached to QR as it utilize the Momo bolt pattern
yeah i was gonna say that one but like he said needs the air bag and those didnt come with it :p

·
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
can you use the oem nardi wheel in your class? Best of both worlds
Now that you mention it, I probably could get away with it since it is OEM. They are a bit more anal if they see an aftermarket wheel, so this may be the best option to ditch the stocker for now. Thanks for the ideas guys, I am sure I can find a way to stay in class and get rid of stock wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nuwing is a NOOOBBBB
Honestly I was wondering the same thing some OEM steering wheels are better looking and more expensive then aftermarket quick release plus u just don’t connect the airbag wire and your good , also wouldn’t be going off in your hand if there’s no power and ground to it a sensor sets it off not pressure

1 - 15 of 15 Posts