ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I hope the experts here can "skool" me on BBS RS Wheels. I'd like to assemble a 15 x 8 +32 to +36mm off set for my 2003 NB. My thoughts are that I could get a used set in 15 x 6.5, but what would I need to make it the off set I want? What size "halves?" etc. Or do I need to get a specific off set to begin with? I don't want Helluflush, but I want to them to be similar to my track set up 6UL's (in off set). Any help would be greatly appreciated...Please enlighten me...

TIA

tach9

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You need a the wheel first. Find the specs off the wheel and do the math. There are offset and backspacing conversions charts online Then you can determine if you want to a wider front lip or wider rear barrel but keep in mind that you will change the offset when you are adding width.

Mind you this is crazy expensive when you disassemble, assemble and refurbish wheels.

F it and go with a straight custom three piece wheels e.g. instead of going bbs. At least they will make exactly what you want with the same price.

·
Registered
326 Posts
First u need the original offsets of the wheels
Ur getting. Then u can work the math. Let's say the offsets on the 6.5
is +52 , just an example. Then adding a lip thats 1.5inches bigger then what it has already will give u a 15x8 et33.
For every inch u add in lip u subtract half of that from the original offset. Same with barrels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
* Thanks Guys!!! I'm looking at a set of BBS RS 15 x 6 +36 right now. I'd want 15 x 8 +36 so if I understand correctly, adding 2" to the width, 2" front lip and 2" rear lip (altogether as the front lip is 1" and the rear lip is 1") then I'd have 15 x8 with +18? does that sound right? What if I just added a 3" rear lip? Would that get my off set closer to +36mm?

Thanks experts!!!

tach9

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!! As I was kindly reminded, I'd have to ad 1" lips front and rear for 15 x 8. My concern is the off set. Need +30-36mm.. Any suggestions or comments on how to achieve this is greatly apreciated...

TIA,

tach9

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks!! As I was kindly reminded, I'd have to ad 1" lips front and rear for 15 x 8. My concern is the off set. Need +30-36mm.. Any suggestions or comments on how to achieve this is greatly apreciated...

TIA,

tach9

If you add equally to each side then you won't change the centerline of the wheel, therefore the offset won't change either. 1/2 inch is 12mmish, depending on where you add the wheel width you'll change the offset accordingly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts