ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a leather steering wheel from a friend of mine and would like to confirm what it is. It appears to be a Sparco D-cut wheel with the following info molded into the rear of the bottom spoke:

Hersteller:
O.M. MARCO ROSSI
Typ: 330
Typz: 702050
12 00
MADE IN ITALY

He didn't have the horn button with him today, but he's going to bring it to me tomorrow. I think it's a Sparco Ring, but just wanted confirmation of what I've got. Regardless, it's a very nice wheel and I can't wait to install it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

Yes, I googled the wheel, hence my suspicion that it is (in fact) a Sparco Ring. I guess I was hoping that I would receive some sort of confirmation that the markings on the back are consistent with a Sparco product and not an eBay imitation.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Well, to be honest...with every Ebay wheel I've seen, I was able to distort it by applying force with my bare hands....so if you can do that....the wheel is crap.
But based on what I see, its real.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it is. I can't twist the wheel with my hands and it feels much nicer than the eBay/Autozone wheels I've handled in the past. I got the horn button today and have ordered the plug-n-play hub through Rosenthal. I can't wait to try this...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question for those who might know:

Are the screws that hold the wheel to the hub supposed to be included with the wheel or the hub? I've ordered the plug-n-play hub - I suppose I could call back and ask, but if anyone knows right off the bat, I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
screws doesnt come with teh wheel. It usually comes with the hub.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again.

I'm just trying to make sure everything I need arrives at approximately the same time. I'd like to install the wheel and hub before I attend a Novice driving school at the Nashville Speedway on the 11th. I hope the hub shows up in time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts