ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning my car out today and guess what I found....

My battery, sitting in an inch of water and the entire battery compartment rusted all to hell. :(

Water seems to be comming in through a small opening behind the splash guard.

I cleaned all the water out and I'll sand, prime, and paint this weekend.

This ever happon to anyone else? :?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
hrm.. maybe it's time to check.

Edit: though we get much less rain than you! but i do know my car (hardtop?) has a leak(s) into the cockpit after driving 400 miles in pouring rain after i got it.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Bummer. What splash guard are you talking about? I thought the trunk was sealed from the bottom/sides? I've heard of water entering the trunk from cracks in the rain rail. I hope the rot is just on the surface. Good luck. Death to cancer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer. What splash guard are you talking about? I thought the trunk was sealed from the bottom/sides? I've heard of water entering the trunk from cracks in the rain rail. I hope the rot is just on the surface. Good luck. Death to cancer.
I thought it might be from the rain rails, but when i checked them, no cracks and no water damage down the sides.

Theres a small hole (more like a plug) about a half an inch above the bottom that looks like its right behind the wheel well with a large amount of rust around it, So I'm assuming it's comming from there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts