ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making an attempt to get the alternator out of my '94 NA because I'm in need of a new one, and the electrical connector on the passenger side of the car will not budge out. Tried by hand of course, with pliers, and vice grips. Anyone got any idea how to get this bastard out?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still no budge. And the inners of the connection are coming out instead of the whole connector

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must be the biggest idiot on this board, or it's because I'm really sick, this thing just won't get the hell out!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, so everything is off but the lower mounting bolt. I tried a search because I swear I've seen something on this before, but couldn't find it. The lower bolt faces the front of the engine bay, and really has no way to back all the way out. How have others gotten it out?
Sorry, I feel like an idiot. I just need to get this alternator tested and see a new one in by Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try removing the engine.
Tried that. Didn't work. What did was the intake mani support. Yesterday wasn't the best day, I haven't been able to hold any food down for over three days, so brain power has been somewhat limited. Sorry, I typically am not that "noob" dumbass.:fp:

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
idk if the 94 is any different than my 99 engine, but i have to get to the lower bolt from the back, not the front. use a wrench

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wound up getting it. Just took a little thinking. Got the alternator tested and it's really dead. Bought a new one which will go on today after school.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts