ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what someone put into the Kool-aid in the Club Roadster breakroom but I wish it would stop.

First "A well-known previous sponser" decided to make an ass out of himself. That of course is my opinion after reading the thread he started about what he saw as an injustice. He's gone. Get over it. He made his choice. Drop the little siggys with his logo and the bitching about him being gone.

Now people are either making rude comments regarding other folks cars or flaming moderators.

We are also getting dumb threads with (dare I say it) no point! #-o This might not be as big a deal if everyone wasn't already on edge with the negativity that's popped up recently but show a level of maturity please. This isn't MySpace.

I'm not a fan of M.net's heavy moderation, pompous attitudes and flaming of peoples different choices. Most of us aren't which is why Tim decided to start this place up. Thank you Tim. =D>

This freedom requires some level of behavior and respect for those that gave us this community of JDM inspired Mazda roadsters. If this doesn't happen. One of three things will be the result.

1. Heavy moderation and strict rules of what is acceptable. Expect posts to be deleted constantly without notification.

2. This place becomes a flame-fest as seen on other miserable forums driving all but mean-spirited people away. It will also drive away sponsers that would not want to be associated with such negativity.

3. Tim says **** it and kills this place.

What we've had here has been pretty good and the recent changes have made it better. We have a place to talk cars and another place to just B.S. This is great because unlike M.net, we can discuss other things in our lives besides our cars and develop deeper friendships than just "car buddies".

Up until now, moderation has been very lax. This is because, until recently, everyone played nice.

There really is only one rule that you need to remember to keep tis place as great as it has been. The golden rule. Treat others as you'd like to be treated. Simple as that. If you must be critical, do it in a nice way and try to be constructive. Also, try to be open to the idea that other people have different likes and dislikes.

At the same time, I'd suggest a zero tolerance for rude comments. Delete the offending comments immediately so they don't perpetuate. Have a three strikes rule to keep out the riff-raff.

This is your community. Your place to share your passion for your kick-ass roadster. Let's keep it a great place to come, be accepted and enjoy other people's enthusiasm.

·
2,708 Posts
Black Roadster, there's two sides to every story. You have never met Bill (the former-sponsor now known as Banned). He has helped out the growing miata community in Socal and beyond tremendously with his enthusiasm and charity. A perm-ban him was extreme. And with all due respect, stop whining.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Can we PLEASE talk about our differences without calling people names and attacking people personally?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
modus operandi for black roadster. hypocrite extraordinaire. practice what you preach.
I'll ignore the rude comments. Not going to stoop to that level. I'm done with all that KFJ. Sorry you can't drop an old quarrel we had. Wish you could find peace with it. I have. :?

Regarding Bill, I'm not disputing any of his dedication to the Miata community. However, he didn't need to air dirty laundry on a public forum. That was what I mean't by making an ass out of himself.

I've BTDT and I've learned the hard way that it accomplishes nothing and only causes more strife. Evidently it can cause permanent negative opinions as well. :(

I agree that it may have been an extreme reaction and I don't know the whole story but it seems the problems are between Tim and Bill and they need to deal with it however they see fit. All the public requests for Bill to come back are well and good but perhaps should be done as PM's to Tim and Bill. Again, that dirty laundry thing.

I'd just like to get back to talking about positive stuff.

BTW, didn't intend to come off as whining. I was just trying to get everyone back to the "happy place". :D

·
3,857 Posts
I know Bill and he is a great guy - period!
Even though he started the whole thing, I don't agree with most of the stuff he said in that thread...
I believe he was pissed off with Tim for ignoring him...

I think that everyone has to obey the rules and that we shouldn't have a "god" or a "master" he that deletes posts and profiles ...

Can somebody please tel me why Bill Wilner was banned?
He had a different opinion so what?
Did he called names anyone?
Did he steal money from anyone?
No he didn't!

So why he got banned?
Because he said something that Tim didn't like?
Is this a good reason for you guys?
So whenever in the future Tim doesn't like you, you will banned and no one will know...how nice...

Don't get confused ...even if you don't agree with Bill (I don't as I said) you should not accept what happend!!!

WE NEED FREEDOM

·
3,857 Posts
Well hopefully time will heal all wounds...we can only hope :)
Greg please tel me do you agree in deleting profiles, yes or no?
Honesty al the moderators here are super cool (nothing to do with m.net) ...how you can accept that guys? Doesn't bother you?
Tim is also a nice guy I don't know why this thing is happening...

TIM CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME THE REASON FOR BANNING BILL?
Would this be permanent?

·
Registered
517 Posts
All the public requests for Bill to come back are well and good but perhaps should be done as PM's to Tim and Bill. Again, that dirty laundry thing.
+1 I'm pretty sure if they were going to have an effect something would have happened. All they do now is slow down page load times and annoy the rest of us.

Bill overplayed his hand, deal with it.

·
3,857 Posts
I'm afraid that I want be here for very long guys... it's not that I care about Bill and that's why I'm saying all these but I want to feel that I'm part of a smaller society...
Here I'm putting my knowledge and I'm spending my free time helping people and getting helped by them...
I'm not getting paid for this and I'm don't want to feel that I have a daddy...

I was enrolled at the very first day directly from the Roadster JDM list with all the nice people...

I want the forum rules to be respected BY EVERYONE even from the guy that established them!

PEople are making fun of miata net but something like than NEVER happened there!

I emailed tim so many times but he didn't even bother to answer my msgs

·
3,542 Posts
Well hopefully time will heal all wounds...we can only hope :)
Greg please tel me do you agree in deleting profiles, yes or no?
I have no idea what you're talking about...yes he was banned. Was his profile deleted? I suppose a deleted profile wouldn't be too far fetched, but what would it matter? Even if his profile was deleted, it's not like we don't know where to find him.

I'll even type it myself for reference:

www.miataroadster.com

No one is attacking him as a person. EndlessCorners actually has a good grasp of the situation =D>

Anyway guys can we just get on with our lives?

·
3,857 Posts
whos bill?
Bill is the person that started everything...he had an idea about a dedicated group of people discussing about stuff that at that point everyone else didn't know...

He started a yahoo group list (roadsterJDM) with some selected members from miata.net

Everything was fun but the thing was growing up...

Tim suggested a forum and he built one!
It was called roadsterJDM.net
Latter one became Clubroadster.net
Bill thought that he was the father of the forum but I guess he was the father of the core yahoo list and only that...

He decided to express his opinion in public and among all these he aslo said many other thing (which I don't really agree but I don't argue)
Anyway small things - like favors that he asked as a "father"
Like to have a moderator in Southern California ...anyway
Long story sort Tim decided to ban Bill without asking anyone...just because he didn't like what he said...

I think that this violates the rules of freedom...

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Chris, Tam and others: we can only say this in so many different ways. The bottom line is, if your name is not Bill Wilner or Tim Allen, you are really not privy to the conversation between them. Could you guys just let this matter drop please?

·
3,542 Posts
PEople are making fun of miata net but something like than NEVER happened there!
OK just consider this one point, just this one:

IF he emailed Gary Fischman with a demand that Miata.Net install a moderator of his choosing in 48 hours, OR ELSE he would pull out as a sponsor...what do you think would happen?

:|

·
2,708 Posts
Chris, Tam and others: we can only say this in so many different ways. The bottom line is, if your name is not Bill Wilner or Tim Allen, you are really not privy to the conversation between them. Could you guys just let this matter drop please?
Hey! I didn't bring up the subject! I'll keep my trap closed, but if people bring it up, I'll discuss it :)

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Maybe if people decide to ruin the thread... It's looking that way already. :roll:

Black Roadster, there's two sides to every story. You have never met Bill (the former-sponsor now known as Banned). He has helped out the growing miata community in Socal and beyond tremendously with his enthusiasm and charity. A perm-ban him was extreme. And with all due respect, stop whining.

modus operandi for black roadster. hypocrite extraordinaire. practice what you preach.
Old beef, dude. No need to stir the pot. If you have something to say, take it to PM. And on top of that, I think Bill had something to say about that...

As the "elite of the Roadster community," it's our hope that exchanges here will focus on simply sharing our unique passion and knowledge -- free of snobbery or impatience towards those who are newcomers to the subject and without personal attacks on those with whom we may have differences of opinion or aesthetics.
Whoops....

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.