ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Capri valve cover and it didn't come with all the centering grommets for all the bolts. Only 3. If you have a capri cover you'll know what I'm talking about. I called Ford and they have no idea what I'm talking about. A PN# would be great or direction as to where I can find some?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
If it helps any, I lost mine too. No idea WTF they are called. I removed mine when painting and somehow they disappeared. Stupid messy garage.

You're talking about plastic tube like inserts that the valve cover bolts go through, right?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Might be a long shot, but what about cutting some small hose, vacuum line, fuel line, or heater hose?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Centers the screws...

I lost mine and now just have the VC sitting around. Had to go back to stock. Pain in the ass. I havn't attempted to find a fix though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Centers the screws...

I lost mine and now just have the VC sitting around. Had to go back to stock. Pain in the ass. I havn't attempted to find a fix though.
So you fucking need them? I ripped all of those off when I painted the valve cover. I have mounted the valve cover yets.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah but the holes are too big and it will look like **** where the flange on the bolt pushes on the holes. I need to find replacements. Going to scour the parts area at work tmrw (m/c dealership) I bet I can find something.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah good call.

I think what I'm going to do is use the 3 I have for the 3 bolts int he middle to center the cover. Then use a bolt/washer combo with a larger washer for the rest. Not ideal but it should work out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts