ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a quick solid cut when im hard on the throttle mostly at wot,high rpm at 15psi. I can see the afr's go way lean and the map drops off for a quick second on mega log viewer. ANy ideas? I'm running a lc-1, ngk v-power "racing" plugs off flyin miata, toyota cops, .037" plug gap, 15psi and 94 octane.

·
Registered
748 Posts
...Dont know if I missed something, but what about larger injectors? I mean, if its going lean.... Then again Im not a mechanic, let alone know much about boosting.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...Dont know if I missed something, but what about larger injectors? I mean, if its going lean.... Then again Im not a mechanic, let alone know much about boosting.
Its not going lean because of the tune or injector size guys its a miss, i'm either getting a bad signal from my cas, its possibly on its way out, or to large a gap on the plugs. I also have yet to wire in a capacitor into my cop set-up. Thats first on the list.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Correct, the misfire is causing a lean spike. What kind of AFRs are you running in that area, it could be too rich. Which would make it harder to light off. Plugs could also be fouled if they're too cold for your driving habits.

science time. Oxygen sensors sense oxygen (seems obvious, but you'd be amazed). Misfire = unburnt oxygen in the exhause = lean spike.

·
Registered
108 Posts
have you had this setup for a while and now its acting up or are you still figuring it out?

Ive noticed on my setup that the cops worked good for a while then started acting up. I would pull them apart and clean the plugs and coils then fill it with a ton of silicone grease. my car would run great for a week then go back to ****. I ended up buying cops that fit the car and sealed in the spark plug wells. no more problems.
I dont care what anyone thinks... fast isnt cheap.
I purchased weapon x coils and their special spark plugs. they arent cheap but they made all the difference its the fastest Ive seen my car yet. the aem cops are similar and I could also recommend them for fitment which is the real issue with cop setups.

also the cas sensor has really bad resolution there is a lot of room for error due to the number of marks on the cas wheel. this can lead to an eight to sixteen degree signal variance from what ive read. i found a solution for that and noticed a difference in drivablity but I guess it would be best to tinker with a few things first and pay close attention to how the car reacts this will tell you what you should focus on improving.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A misfire won't just cut out like that.y 95 I could easily run .042 gap and 16 psi of boost without misfires. This was with magnecor 8.5mm silicon wires a If you were running lean then you'd notice a knocks and probably engine failure from the pre-ignition pressure.
With the stock coils on mnd NGKs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a similar problem. Under WOT boost I would get a major misfire at around 5500rpm.
If not WOT then it's smooth all the way.
Turned out to be coils going out. It was strong enough for regular driving but not when under boost.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Could be a COP dying. Had a few die on me and they start by misfiring at high boost levels then eventually start to misfire all the time. Best to check the plug gap first and log for any sync losses in the MS before replacing.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just noticed the date on this thread lol. I fail

·
Supporting Member
1,543 Posts
Jesus ****....

No one suggested overboost protection? Not to just bash on an old thread, but you guys are suggesting stupid things without ever seeing the tune. You're making him chase ghosts.

Quick sold cut and going LEAN, i'm leading towards overboost protection. It's probably set to fuel cut. It felt like hitting a damn brick wall when i've hit it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Jesus ****....

No one suggested overboost protection? Not to just bash on an old thread, but you guys are suggesting stupid things without ever seeing the tune. You're making him chase ghosts.

Quick sold cut and going LEAN, i'm leading towards overboost protection. It's probably set to fuel cut. It felt like hitting a damn brick wall when i've hit it.
First response was that lol

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha just saw this pop back up. Want to hear real head spinning fuckery. well heres what happened. After chasing this problem for a few weeks (car cutting up, not overboosting according to the gauge, ect ect) i bent a rod while trying to find the issue, pulled the motor, replaced it with another stock 1.6, as i was under the dash buttoning everything up i noticed the hard plastic boost line was kinked. figured it wasnt a big deal, replaced it and carried on. go to drive the car after new motor and first time i get on it the boost gauge shoots up to 18ish before i let off. drive back home and pull the line off the wastegate and give it some pressure to see the wastegate open very slightly then leak like a sonofamotherfuckinwhooooore. So replaced that and bam all good running 12's again.

So cliff notes; boost cut was set real high from screwing around before, boost gauge line was kinked giving improper reading and wastegate had a ripped diaghram. So bassically i was getting hard fuel cut and running about 23ish psi hahaha **** 4 cyl.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts