ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching on both google and cr.net but can't seemed to fix the problem. The car doesn't crank sometimes (no clicking sound) but after a few tries, it would crank and start up with no problem. People online are saying that it should be the ignition switch. I took it out and cleaned it but it's still doing the same thing. Seems like it's does it more on a cold start, but I'm not too sure.) I'm trying to see if it's my clutch sensor later this evening.

Does anyone know anywhere else I could check?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the same problem, but my car is usually warmed up on hot days. I just get one click, maybe a single turn on the starter motor. I let it sit for a second or two and it turns over fine. I'm leaning toward the starter motor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think its your starter, I have the same issue. Mine is crazy sporadic though, and it has never left me stranded.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I as well have had the same issue, it turned out to be my battery losing crank amps. possibility??

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ive had the same issue w/ my 90 for years. I have replaced the ignition switch, the clutch over-ride, the starter, relay and battery and the issue still persists. I'd say about 1 out of ever 4 times that i go to turn my key there is nothing, but i get acc power and my fuel pump turns on. I either have to bump the key/ignition a few more times or if i'm parked on a hill i let the car roll and bump the clutch, but never have I been unable to start it. I think this is what a person calls a gremlin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts