ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Now in a White Club
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kind of toying with the idea of getting a second car. I want it to be 4 door, preferably rear wheel drive, I dont mind it either being a wagon/hatch, or a sedan, no mini vans or trucks. I'd also prefer manual tranny. Used or new... though the price range will narrow out anything new. I'd like to spend less than $10,000.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Cars I should be looking for?)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I knew a kid here in phx w. a Cressy w. the fulling tunable cockpit susp and other goodies.. forget how it was designated!? grr
Neat car. Asian pimp styliez!

One a side note.. and I tell all my friends who think they have to buy new cars..
2 - $4k cars is always better than 1 - $30k car.
If one of your $4k cars breaks you got another to drive while you repair it.. Plus you're saving $600/mo in paymt/insurance costs.. equalling fun stuff like track days and modifications! :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Get an E30. I just got a 91' 318is. This car is almost tying with the miata for my favorite car so far....Look for an 87' 325is. The car needs only a $250 chip to run with the almighty m3!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
I DO NOT recommend getting an E30. They're riddled with issues...and it's hard to find one in good shape for a reasonable price.

What I would suggest looking for is a Volvo 240 5speed. The four-doors are more common but the two-doors are cooler and more rare. They're still very roomy and an awesome car to drive. I don't have much experience with the turbo trimmed 240's, but the car is like a friggin' tank in durability, so I doubt they're any less reliable.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of the BMW 740i Sport once the lease is up on my CTS. There not really fast but I've always loved the look of this big sedan. Plus you can fit some really deep dish BBS wheels on them..

Worse case I lease another 4-door screamer like a 300C SRT8 or another CTS Sport..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I knew a kid here in phx w. a Cressy w. the fulling tunable cockpit susp and other goodies.. forget how it was designated!? grr
Neat car. Asian pimp styliez!

One a side note.. and I tell all my friends who think they have to buy new cars..
2 - $4k cars is always better than 1 - $30k car.
If one of your $4k cars breaks you got another to drive while you repair it.. Plus you're saving $600/mo in paymt/insurance costs.. equalling fun stuff like track days and modifications! :D
Welcome Jason! I'd love to see the Cressy and i agree wholeheartedly with the cheap car philosophy!

There are plenty of e36's for sub-$10k. How about a 318ti? Another cool budget choice is an older Scooby 2.5RS.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I know the suspension is crap and it reaks of american engineering but what about an old crown vic??? Ford stuff isnt that bad, you have TONS of room, they ride nice, if you pick up one with a 5.0 aftermarket parts are stupid cheap, and they are easy to find for around 5k-ish

Also on a side note what twin cam motor is that in the green volvo? and did they ever offer that in the U.S.?

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
a police interceptor would be fun, big engine, and prolly easy to keep sideways if you into that. Have to buy some aviators though

1 - 20 of 34 Posts