ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
There is a small shop in Japan that makes Carbon Fiber everything for NA Roadsters, including fender flares, although they are not huge like tuckin99 overfendersm what size are you looking for?

PhatMiata

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Saweeet. Props for finding that link and sharing it with us. I've added G.R. Craft to the JDM Tuner Shops section of the forum where I've added a ton of links over the past week. I fully expect you guys to be checking them out, buying more crazy parts for your cars and then showing them off for all to see. When you stumble across a cool product please share it with the rest of us by adding a post to the appropriate thread with the hyperlink. This will make it easier for our non-Japanese literate friends to enjoy the rare trick parts not often found outside of Japan. I just don't have the time to do it for every tuner shop myself. There are a lot of cool parts out there that people haven't even starting talking about.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
freedomgli said:
Saweeet. Props for finding that link and sharing it with us. I've added G.R. Craft to the JDM Tuner Shops section of the forum where I've added a ton of links over the past week.

Too many JDM tuners bro, you know, it would have taken all week, i'm too lazy, i figure ill let yall get yours in, and then once they are all setup, ill see what is missing...............

here is one more you can add for now (YAWN) time for this crazy round eye to get some JDM sleep yO! 8)

gotta love the name on this one............

She-On-ME (Cool Metal Parts for Roadsters)

http://www.sheonme.com/

Good Night Folks!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Phatness 8)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I can tell you from personal experience having just removed them from my wrecked LE (not the daily driver you see on here!!!) that the stock fenders are very thin and light as it is. I was quite surprised! No wonder they ding so easily! :evil:

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I have NA carbon front fenders, made by Axis Power Racing, not from Japan. They were a rough fit though, and I had to do a lot of work to get them to look right. I wouldn't recommend them for a street Miata, unless you plan to modify and paint them.

I learned a lot about doing my own CF fabrication getting those fenders fixed to fit right without looking totally retarded.

The Cruise Power doors, though, are farking works of art.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
How many people do you think are interested in buying carbon fiber fenders in the next 6 months but are unwilling to buy the ones from Axis Power Racing or Cruise Power? How much are people willing to spend? If the answer is 20+ people (40+ fenders total) and are willing to pay $850+ per fender I might be convinced to make some for y'all.

Do people want them for show or for race? I figure most racers will just use the e-prod fiberglass kit and most show people would just wrap their steel fenders in carbon fiber. Is the remainder of the market large enough to justify the huge expense and labor to make it worthwhile?

·
Registered
175 Posts
is it really hard to make a decent looking bolt on fender made of carbon? i can't see myself spending more than 400 a fender.... actualy i can't really see myself spending more than 300... but some @$$ hit my front left fender and didn't leave a note... so i am in the market for fenders... if i had gobs of money i would buy carbon panels for every inch of the car.... but that isn't the case.... but i am sure there is someone out there with a shop who makes carbon parts for most other cars and could prolly make a decent mold and bake a couple of fenders... i mean really... how much does it cost to make carbon fiber parts? :| :roll: :| :?

isn't there a shop in LA that makes carbon parts for everything? i remember passing the TV once and my brother was watching some import rice show on speed and they had a bit on some mexican dude who made carbon everything.... anyone see that show or heard of him? i remember his feature car was a 7th gen civic coupe.... i think what parts weren't carbon were orange? :?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts