ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can someone explain to me the process on bolting this down? Are long bolts including when you buy these and they just bolt straight into the rocker cover between the leads?

I noticed on the OE 1.8 cover there are also smaller holes in the corner not used, are these threaded and can they be used to secure the cover down?

Thanks

·
Supporting Member
1,291 Posts
There's a spacer between the CF cover plug and the valve cover.

On the JetStream piece it has 2 hollowed cylinder pieces.
On the Garage Star I believe its 2 rectangular pieces with holes in it.

A longer 6mm bolt is used on the 2 holes.

You can see the little spacer/bracket here.

JetStream Hardware

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect reply - Thanks very much for the information. :) Need to get my thinking cap on. :)

Here's one iv been making.
Still in the moulding/shaping process though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Perfect reply - Thanks very much for the information. :) Need to get my thinking cap on. :)

Here's one iv been making.
Still in the moulding/shaping process though.

Wow, In for the Results! :D Pm me with a completed picture ! :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the heads up. I can understand why that would be the case however SR20DET's dont come with vented plug covers, or b16/b18 engines.. or infact the 1JZ engine. I also used to run plug covers on all my cars before, the MX5 is actually the one car which never had one :)

I'll do some product testing however I would doubt from my own experience that it'll make a difference, unless there's something im not aware of with regards to the MX5 engine.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Thank you for the heads up. I can understand why that would be the case however SR20DET's dont come with vented plug covers, or b16/b18 engines.. or infact the 1JZ engine. I also used to run plug covers on all my cars before, the MX5 is actually the one car which never had one :)

I'll do some product testing however I would doubt from my own experience that it'll make a difference, unless there's something im not aware of with regards to the MX5 engine.
Not sure, It might just be because mine is a 99 and our coilpacks like to fail due to a lack of plug wire changes. anyways, I am sure these are fine, its just something to keep in mind for everyone ;)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appreciate the input mate :) Thanks.
Was up working on this again last night (3rd mould) .. we have a workshop but the road to it was sheet ice, I spun my car on it and landed in a little ditch.. had to push it out and walk.. the effort put into just a plug cover lmao.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would people be more interested with vents? If so vents could be done.. I just figured a simple shape would work best..
Were designing a SR20 one aswell with vents :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts