ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

It has been a long time since my last group buy so here is 2 products that have just been released and that I am quite proud of because it's a new material we used and the finish on these is really beautiful:

Aluminum Door Handles for MX-5 Mk1/NA

"Airstream" design: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_18&product_id=126

"Mille Miglia" design: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_18&product_id=127

Date and time:

This group buy will only last 10 days starting today friday the 25th of July to the 5th of August included. I am willing to offer you a discount if a minimum of 5 people buy the item. The more people buy the item, the cheaper it will be! Be aware that we have a batch of 100 pairs in total ("Airstream" design: 25 pairs in chrome, 25 in anodized black; "Mille Miglia" design: 25 pairs in chrome, 25 in anodized black). We will see how popular they get and we are not sure to remake a batch soon.

Specifications:

- Machined Billet Aluminum
- Chromed or glossy anodized black available
- 70 grams/piece
- Perfect fit sunken screws supplied
- Vintage Mazda logo

This is the first of a long list of aluminum products we started to work on. Door cups/door pulls/door latches will be available very soon along with a whole range of aluminum products exclusively for Mazda Miata (Window winders, door panels, speaker covers etc...).

Price if 5 people buy:

150 USD per set shipped to your door instead of 199 USD shipped

Price if 10 people buy:

140 USD per set shipped to your door instead of 199 USD shipped

Price if 20 people buy:

... We will see what can be done. :D

Delivery time:

Once the group buy closed (5th of august), I will ship them out and I think you can receive them around the 15th of august (6-10 days by EMS).

Pictures of the 2 different sets:

"Airstream" style

Chrome Aluminum

Anodized Black

Fitted:

"Mille Miglia" style

Chrome Aluminum

Anodized Black

More pictures of the handles fitted in the car on the website.

Please make sure to give me your name, the design and the color following this example:

-D.Original, "Airstream" design, Chrome Aluminum.

Any questions, drop me a PM or by email [email protected]

Thanks for reading!

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I'd opt for the aluminum ones. While I like the red straps, they are really a consumable. Also, the one thing that really struck me about these handles was how solid they felt; it is a difficult thing to put into words but the end result is that when you grab these and shut the door the assembly just feels really solid, precise, and well engineered instead of vague like the stock pulls or straps feel. I hadn't ever recalled thinking that sort of thing before and it was quite pleasant. It somehow makes the door feel like a performance part (which makes no real sense, but...). Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did want to describe this feeling too but as you said it's difficult! :) These handles are extremely light but at the same time very strong. Once fitted, there is absolutely no way that they move or vibrate. Also Todd you got the version with sunken screws but we went further and now sourced sunken screws that are completely flushed with the handles. There is not one mm of material that exceeds the handle thickness. It's now perfectly aligned.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Alright then I suppose I am in for a set... I am of couse getting the chrome aluminum, i just really cannot decide which design to go for!!!

Which Do you think would look best for my interior?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the Mille Miglia design will definitely look great with the steering wheel!

- ItzCarmine, "Mille Miglia" design, anodized black.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Mille Miglia is what you want Cxmoney! :) I had put myself down like 10 minutes after he posted the group buy but I got to buy tires and I plan on getting a roll bar next month so its just bad timing. Hopefully I can get in on the other upcoming group buys. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah that's what I thought! I saw your answer, came back 5 minutes later and there was nothing anymore. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet!

- CXmoney, "Mille Miglia" design, chrome aluminum.

We already reached 5 buyers through the different forums/emails so this GB is a go. I really hope a few people will get their hands on these new products because I am confident people will love them once in their hands!!! :)

Let's try to reach 10 persons! :D

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
- CXmoney, "Mille Miglia" design, chrome aluminum.
- Alienmiata, "Mille Miglia" design, anodized black.

:)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking about something... I realize that some people have the 3 points armrests and so might think that it would look ugly to have these handles and leave one of the holes visible.

I just want to say that I could offer a set of 2 door cards (not the quilted design showed here http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_18&product_id=99 but just regular faux leather) for an extra 150 USD (extra shipping included). I can then make the cutouts for the door cups/2 points door handles/window winder/speaker cutout (let me know what you need).

Just let me know! Everything is possible! :)

Marc
[email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts