ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
My set finally made it to me.
Test fit looked good for the rears, my only gripe is with the fronts.
With my super scientific quick masking tape mock up, the fender line look like its raised a good inch or so. Kinda sucks, I had the height where I wanted it, and the front coilovers are already max low without messing with the spring perches.
I'll either have to modify the flare so I can mount it lower and have the body lines match up, or lower the car more by the spring perches and giving the car forward rake.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
My set finally made it to me.
Test fit looked good for the rears, my only gripe is with the fronts.
With my super scientific quick masking tape mock up, the fender line look like its raised a good inch or so. Kinda sucks, I had the height where I wanted it, and the front coilovers are already max low without messing with the spring perches.
I'll either have to modify the flare so I can mount it lower and have the body lines match up, or lower the car more by the spring perches and giving the car forward rake.
One inch?!! That's huge. Moulds have not been modified so I can't see how that is possible!!! Any chance to post a picture?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sure thing. This is where it sat with the body lines matched up..

And here I moved it down a bit, and where the body line on the flare ends up.

Not a huge deal, Im fine with working with fiberglass so I'll get the bodylines matched up. The rears are spot on, just need to prep and spray them.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
OK I see! Can somebody else that bought the flares tell us if he had the same problem? I sold quite a lot of these and everybody said that the fitment is spot on so if it fits like on your car Stagen this is NOT what I call perfect fitment!!!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I bet there is an aftermarket fender on that car. I've just recently come across a post about a member who bought an eBay fender but the body lines did not exactly match and the fender arch was slightly higher than OEM (probably intentional to avoid copyright issues).

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I have another customer that just received his flares and he very happy with them after having fitted them so yes it might be what MC70 said!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bet there is an aftermarket fender on that car. I've just recently come across a post about a member who bought an eBay fender but the body lines did not exactly match and the fender arch was slightly higher than OEM (probably intentional to avoid copyright issues).
Both are OE. If the arch on the fender was higher it would've matched the flare, and the body line would have to noticeably slant up or down for it to match with the flare.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Both are OE. If the arch on the fender was higher it would've matched the flare, and the body line would have to noticeably slant up or down for it to match with the flare.
You ever get this figured out? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I honestly don't know if it's your car or my flares but I have a few pictures of the flares fitted and I can't see a similar problem!

When I get the NA back from the workshop I will try to fit them again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You ever get this figured out? :dunno:
I just bolted them up to match the OE fender line, been on since June. Fiberglass is easy enough to work with, I'll just the move body lines where they need to be once I get around to to actually painting them. They're just semi-gloss black spray bombed right now :oops:

All in all, these are a great product and I have suggested them to some friends already. :icon_cheers:

41 - 53 of 53 Posts