ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carbon fiber 3D canards for Miata Mk1/NA 90-97

Those lightweight canards help by redirecting the air flow above the wheels. It helps to add downforce. Also gives a mean look to your OEM bumper

Specs: 3K weaving. CF + UV resistant varnish, gloss clear coat paint

Also available in Fiberglass (FRP) and in Carbon Kevlar (CK). Please check the website for the different pricing.

Easy to install: Follow the curve of the OEM bumper. Can be attached with double side adhesive 3M (supplied) or with bolts and washers (also supplied). 4 holes on each side of each canards are predrilled.

A few pictures with the canards fitted:

Delivery time: I will try to have a stock for those but for the moment you will have to wait around 15 days for production and 6-7 days for shipping to your door.

Pricing of the different materials available and shipping fees are available on the website: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_63&product_id=66

For any more questions related to those items don't hesitate to reply to this topic, send me a PM on CR.net or by email [email protected]

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Carbonmiata: Carbon fiber front 3D canards for Miata Mk1/NA

The larger version will be available in around 1 month time!

·
Registered
931 Posts

any updates for the large version? im hoping that its aimed at a slightly more aggressive angle!

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts

any updates for the large version? im hoping that its aimed at a slightly more aggressive angle!
Why? So it increases drag? Go look at any real racecar that has canards, no one runs them as steep as I've seen a lot of hardparkers mount them on these forums. They are canards not spats.

Carbonmiata is working with kazespec now for aero pieces, I think good things are to come! These little ones look great! A larger one would be awesome. Perhaps a stacked setup ala Voltex?

·
Registered
686 Posts

^ I just assumed larger ones would be more effective for cars equiped with fender flares, big tires and low offset wheels like mine

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts

I wasn't talking about a larger canard being bad. A steeper angle, or AOA, is bad. Thing can be as big as you want given the proper angles.

Canards are not supposed to be tire blockers. That is not their designed purpose.

http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/canards.html

Get a wider bumper, or add spats if blocking the tire is what you want to do, then add canards.

·
Registered
931 Posts

not necessarily. if it covers more "surface area" a canard isnt deemed inefficient if it set at an aggressive angle. now im not saying that the entire canard could be a straight aggressive slope but if a canard is to start off flat and gradually fold into a slightly steeper angle, then it it still serves benefit to the aerodynamics of a car. ideally i would like a canard that on one end mounts closer to the bottom corner of the mouth of the bumper, and the other side just at the end of the further end of the side reflector. such a design would have interaction with quite a lot of air. im hoping that the "larger" canard will be large enough to integrate with my front splitter, a wider bumper, flares and spats. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts