ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carbon fiber Front canards for Miata Mk2/NB

Those lightweight canards help by redirecting the air flow above the wheels. It helps to add downforce. Also gives a mean look to your OEM bumper. :bouncin:

Specs: 3K weaving. CF + UV resistant varnish, gloss clear coat paint

Also available in Fiberglass (FRP) and in Carbon Kevlar (CK). Please check the website for the different pricing.

Easy to install: Follow the curve of the OEM bumper. Can be attached with double side adhesive 3M (supplied) or with bolts and washers (not supplied). Holes are predrilled on each side of each canard.

A few pictures with the canards fitted:

Link to the website: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=87_88&product_id=131

Thanks for reading!

Marc

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mmmh I would love to but I am not 100% sure of the shape of my bumper. I could use the current canards and make a bigger version from them though... Let me check!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahah ok my priority now is to get my NA back. I should have it in 2 weeks or so. Then I will finally be able to finish the LED tail lights panel and other few parts that are on standby for more than 6 months.

·
Administrator
15,197 Posts
I'm slightly weirded out at how these seem to be 100% identical to the GV units still available, especially after your own insistence in the past that you don't knock off currently available products.

Could you clear this up and show the differences?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes they are very similar and are based on the GV ones. They are not 100% identical but very similar (I did them slightly wider). I am not going to lie but I need to sell the NB as soon as possible so for these sets I chose the easy way. My plan is to sell both my NA and NB as soon as possible to get a NC and start to work on it. That's why I am trying to release as much NA/NB products at the moment. I know I always said that I would not copy but yeah... this time I guess I didn't keep my word...

The thing is that I must move to the new model as soon as I can so that I can increase my sales. CarbonMiata is a one man operation and my only source of revenue so I need to get moving!!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Dude, a canard is a canard. Can't really Chace the design drastically. Well from the design that is the most basic. Like rims... some might look alike. One might have rivets, weigh less, 8 hole pattern VA 4 hole patten. Etc.

I wouldn't worry about it Marc. Besides you said you made it wider, so it technically not the same.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You will soon! 2 front sets are being shipped this week so we should get some nice pics soon!

Also, I decided not to sell the NA and the NB because there are simply too many parts I still want to make especially wide fenders/rear overfenders etc...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think they will but I can't make sure now. I just got 3 sets of front canards and will ship them out tomorrow so we should get the answer reaaaaaally soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts