ClubRoadster.net banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Not much news I am afraid. We do plan to open a place in the US this year if everything goes as planned but I cannot tell you when exactly!

·
Registered
8 Posts
And i'm just getting into the Miata game for the first time. A hardtop is my first priority, so reduced shipping costs would totes persuade me to pull the trigger on one of these :3

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure who LOL is aimed at <.<
you duh. everyone has had this thought when they first buy a miata including me."sure i can drop 2-3k in a cf hardtop no problem". then it dawns on you how cheap oems can be had for less than 1k and you start seeing how the fit and finish on every single aftermarket hardtop isnt as good as oem. plus you can spend the extra grand actually fixing the real problem on your car. whatever it is

·
Registered
8 Posts
you duh. everyone has had this thought when they first buy a miata including me."sure i can drop 2-3k in a cf hardtop no problem". then it dawns on you how cheap oems can be had for less than 1k and you start seeing how the fit and finish on every single aftermarket hardtop isnt as good as oem. plus you can spend the extra grand actually fixing the real problem on your car. whatever it is
Oh, duh. I'm stupid. You've persuaded me against buying an aftermarket top. Thank you, good sir.

jk

I do appreciate the input, but i'm not interested in CF. Fiberglass is more appealing to me, which they offer. Also, I wouldn't purchase it, based on the price of shipping, as I said in my first post. From the pictures, it looks like a very well made top. I'd be interested in giving it a shot, based on the price of the top. However, shipping is more than the top itself. I'm not stupid or careless with my money.

If shipping were reduced significantly, as stated, i'd happily pick one up.

However, I do think it's careless that you would tell someone NOT to purchase the OP's product, in the OP's thread, without even a remote amount of firsthand experience with the product. Unless you have personal experience with the quality of the OP's top, i'd suggest keeping your opinions out of the thread that the OP is trying to promote his product in :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
im not putting carbonmiata down at all. they seem like they are putting good products out however they are still trying to streamline everything about their business so not much reviews and products are out there yet to see if they are any good or not. hell they should strive to put my opinion down and prove it with consistent fit and finish at an affordable price that competes with oem and set them apart from other aftermarket companies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im not putting carbonmiata down at all. they seem like they are putting good products out however they are still trying to streamline everything about their business so not much reviews and products are out there yet to see if they are any good or not. hell they should strive to put my opinion down and prove it with consistent fit and finish at an affordable price that competes with oem and set them apart from other aftermarket companies.
True story.
If they're able to expand their shop into the US, I really think it would open the door all the way for them.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Indeed. Opening state-side and paying LTL freight to ship a hardtop would be much more reasonable, not mention you could guarantee shipping from warehouse to the other side of the country in 4 days or so.

I will continue to keep up with this thread.
I am avidly interested in purchasing a hardtop later this year, and it appears that piecing one together will workout better for my desired hardtop (fiberglass, newer than my '91 NA, with defrost, painting required, but not repainting).

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
True story.
If they're able to expand their shop into the US, I really think it would open the door all the way for them.
You guys don't know how much I would like to open my own shop in the US but unfortunately the more I research, the more I realize that to do things legally it would require A/ A huge investment (150 000 USD+) or B/ An American wife (would have to divorce mine first) or C/ A green card won at the lottery. I am pretty surprised that nobody in the US is willing to buy my hardtops in bulk. They would make a nice profit reselling them. I KNOW that my hardtop fits perfectly and really looks like an OEM top once the OEM seals on it. I did send a few (less than 10) and apart from one that arrived a little damaged, people have been very happy with their purchase. I am really sorry not to have a better solution at this point but trust me I didn't give up looking for one.

Indeed. Opening state-side and paying LTL freight to ship a hardtop would be much more reasonable, not mention you could guarantee shipping from warehouse to the other side of the country in 4 days or so.

I will continue to keep up with this thread.
I am avidly interested in purchasing a hardtop later this year, and it appears that piecing one together will workout better for my desired hardtop (fiberglass, newer than my '91 NA, with defrost, painting required, but not repainting).
Yes to be honest, I don't really see the reason why people would buy the FRP one when you can find used one in good condition in the US. For other parts of the world I understand as some countries just don't have any used ones for sale!

141 - 153 of 153 Posts