ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carbon fiber headlights covers for Miata Mk1/NA 90-97

Those headlight covers replace the existing heavy metal covers on all Mk1/NA. Ultra light (0.2 Kg - 0.45 Pound per piece compared to the 0.750 Kg - 1.65 Pounds of the OEM one so more than 1 Kg - 2.2 Pounds saved), the left side can be vented, offering a great way to keep your engine bay cold (20% more air).

Specs: 3K weaving. CF + UV resistant varnish, gloss clear coat paint (made using vacuum bagging process)

Also available in Fiberglass (FRP) and in Carbon Kevlar (CK). Please check the website for the different pricing.

Easy to install: good fitment using factory mounts

Vented version:

OEM version:

A few pictures of the products fitted:

Delivery time: I will try to have a stock for those but for the moment you will have to wait around 10 days for production and 6-7 days for shipping to your door.

Pricing of the different materials available and shipping fees are available on the website: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_26

For any more questions related to those items don't hesitate to reply to this topic, send me a PM on CR.net or by email [email protected]

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Marc,
I've subscribed to this thread in eager anticipation of a right side headlight intake cover for my ITB equipped NA6. Once it is available, you will have an order for a pair (left and right) from me as mentioned in the other thread.

Hopefully more Australian customers (especially in WA) will want your products and I can organise a group buy. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good news mate! Let me ask the workshop to hurry up on this part and I will update this topic when it's done. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the pictures on the website and on the forum are of the first samples that had the final shape and fitment. For mass production, all the weaving will be the same : 45 degrees from top left to bottom right. It means like the vented one you see in picture on this topic.

Some people already asked me some custom made weaving matching their AK hood for example. That's not a problem to do. Just make sure to tell me when you order!

Otherwise they will be all the same weaving and I will try to take pictures and update them when I will have the right weaving on all my parts!

Cheers,

Marc

·
Banned
361 Posts
i will be more excited when i see the prices posted online with shipping. The shipping can actually be very cheap. I order stuff from china all the time. Prices are no much more then usps prices. I order shoes from china and i have them in about six days.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i will be more excited when i see the prices posted online with shipping. The shipping can actually be very cheap. I order stuff from china all the time. Prices are no much more then usps prices. I order shoes from china and i have them in about six days.
Yes as you said the shipping prices are pretty low from China. Around the same as the domestic US prices or sometimes even lower!

Not quite sure what you mean when you say that you would like the prices posted with shipping. I used to put prices of items shipped (prices with shipping included) and a few people said that they prefer to have them separated so I changed to how it is now!

FYI, you can simluate the shipping fee on one or multiple items in the shopping cart without having to create an account or anything!

i will be more excited when this is offered as a group buy... a swarm of fellas will buy these quick including myself, i keep saying THIS should've been the first group buy -__-
Hey pal, yes I know!!! I am waiting for the workshop to modify the passenger side to offer the vent for ITB users. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
108 Posts
All the pictures on the website and on the forum are of the first samples that had the final shape and fitment. For mass production, all the weaving will be the same : 45 degrees from top left to bottom right. It means like the vented one you see in picture on this topic.

Some people already asked me some custom made weaving matching their AK hood for example. That's not a problem to do. Just make sure to tell me when you order!

Otherwise they will be all the same weaving and I will try to take pictures and update them when I will have the right weaving on all my parts!

Cheers,

Marc
Excellent. Can't wait to put in the "big" order from you after I finish the new engine and redo the turbo setup. It must feel awesome with the light weight doors.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to show you some of the colors available:

Blue carbon fiber:

Carbon Kevlar:

Red carbon fiber and white carbon fiber pictures coming!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Marc,
I've subscribed to this thread in eager anticipation of a right side headlight intake cover for my ITB equipped NA6. Once it is available, you will have an order for a pair (left and right) from me as mentioned in the other thread.

Hopefully more Australian customers (especially in WA) will want your products and I can organise a group buy. :mrgreen:

Hey mate! Finally added to the store!

http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_26&product_id=72

XD

·
Registered
131 Posts
Are the different colors still available? I didn't see the option on the website. I'm about to pull the trigger on this.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Blue and red were available but the quality of the fiber was not high enough and products were faded very quickly so we removed them from the store.

Now you can choose regular carbon fiber, carbon kevlar (yellow) and white carbon kevlar (silver). :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts