ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carbon fiber OEM fenders for Miata Mk1/NA

These fenders are the exact replica of the OEM fenders. Great fitment with all OEM mounts. Replace your metal fenders with those to loose pounds and have rust free fenders for a loooong time.

Specs: 3K weaving. CF + UV resistant varnish, gloss clear coat paint (made using vacuum bagging process)

Also available in Fiberglass (FRP) and carbon kevlar (CK)

A few pictures fitted:

CF:

FRP:

Delivery time: I will try to have a stock for those but for the moment you will have to wait around 10 days for production and 6-10 days for shipping to your door.

Link to the store: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_83&product_id=82

For any more questions related to those items don't hesitate to reply to this topic, send me a PM on CR.net or by email [email protected]

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
903 Posts
Excuse me but i dont see an invoice from you on my paypay sir ._.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D :D :D On the last picture the hood is not closed properly so don't mind the huge gap. When closed, the fitment is good! :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Damn, I've been waiting for these for forever and now that they're finaly out I've got too much cash tied up in other projects :p.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Another question: For fitment, the roll data would be nice. I know you can trim to suit, but as you pull away from that lip using any of the composites it'll tend to make the surface flex more (air pressures, impact, etc). Do you have an effective 'near-flat' roll option?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Weight differences?
Didn't have time to check the weight yet but I definitely will when Mr. MattMan's CF set will be done!

should have taken pics of the cf!
Didn't make a set yet but as stated above, soon! The ones on my car are FRP.

Maybe a silly question, but do these have the same rock guard structure as the rest of the car under the belt line?
Not sure if I understand you correctly but the fenders are the exact replica of the OEM ones so the structure is the same. The inner lip has also been replicated. If you are talking about the black plastic cover over the wheel then no it's not included!!!

Another question: For fitment, the roll data would be nice. I know you can trim to suit, but as you pull away from that lip using any of the composites it'll tend to make the surface flex more (air pressures, impact, etc). Do you have an effective 'near-flat' roll option?
Sorry but what do you mean by roll data?

So how much does each fender weigh in comparison to OEM? Also, is the price for 1 single fender or 1 set of fenders? Its not entirely clear on the site.
I will check the weight ASAP. For the price, it's for a set of 2 of course!!! :) You can buy one side if you want to though. Just contact me by email.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
If I put fat tires/wheels on, I have to roll my fenders. Since you can't roll yours, you'd have to cut that material. That weakens the broad section where the cut happened. Have you doubled the wall thickness or added reinforcements to compensate for that? Or did you leave the fenders with much less of a lip to avoid rubbing issues?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the explanation! The fenders are very thick at this location yes so even if you cut them, there won't be any problem.

I can actually cut the inner lip for you and ask the workshop to put an extra layer if you want me to!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Not sure if I understand you correctly but the fenders are the exact replica of the OEM ones so the structure is the same. The inner lip has also been replicated. If you are talking about the black plastic cover over the wheel then no it's not included!!!
Well, the original fenders have a stone chip coating underneath the paint.
It looks like a very coarse orange peel effect and runs along the whole side of the car under the belt line.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts