ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carbon fiber OEM hoods for Miata Mk1/NA 90-97

This hood replaces the OEM aluminium hood. Made with high quality carbon fiber, it weighs around 8 KG (17.5 Pounds) against 9 Kg (19.5 Pounds) for the OEM one (As this is the first sample, I will have to recheck the weight once mass production starts - a lot of resin usually stays on the first piece). The structure is made with fiberglass for maximum strength.

Specs: 3K weaving. CF + UV resistant varnish, gloss clear coat paint (made using vacuum bagging process)

Also available in Fiberglass (FRP) and in Full carbon fiber.

Easy to install: perfect fitment using factory mounts. 4 screws (included with the hood) to be put in the exact same locations as the OEM one.

A few pictures fitted:

Delivery time: I will try to have a stock for those but for the moment you will have to wait around 10 days for production and 6-10 days for shipping to your door.

Product will be added to the store this week!

For any more questions related to those items don't hesitate to reply to this topic, send me a PM on CR.net or by email [email protected]

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: CarbonMiata: Carbon fiber Hoods for Miata Mk1/NA

Arbinshire, some good news coming to you soon for the NB trunk!

And yes the vented hood will come soon. Henry, yes please help me design it if you can. I am struggling a big with which design I should make. I don't really want to reproduce anything existing. I would be more in the vintage style kind of vented hood! (the big canards are in the making... :) ).

·
Registered
145 Posts

Vented hood group buy ;)? I would love a vented hood, to go with my pair of headlight covers!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Please dont make me want a carbon hood. I've gone this long without wanting a carbon hood.

(any vented ones coming up?)
Yes Henry just sent me some designs and we will work together on the vented design very soon.

Vented hood group buy ;)? I would love a vented hood, to go with my pair of headlight covers!
OK! :icon_cheers:

What's the price of this? What about full cfrp for price savings?

I would love to replace my shitty steel hood with something lighter some day.. lol
Pricings will be known this week. I am negotiating the best deal with my shipping agent. Hoods are pretty bulky and maximum protection is required during transit!

Is the hood designed to be used without hood pins? Your description suggests so, but I figured I'd ask because my car sees regular track use.

Also, can the clearcoat be painted over without adversely affecting the hood?
Yes the hood has a latch like the OEM one so no hood pins needed. Picture here:

The clearcoating can definitely be painted without any problem. :)

·
Registered
697 Posts

I also would like a vented hood! Will these hoods be able to use the shocks that I have now from rspeed? That white piece in the front bumper be nice in carbon ;) I think I'd rather have it then the hood lol.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

should make a crazy lovered style CF hood like the world challenge KPAX Volvos for an NA. I would definitely buy one.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts

In for NB extractor hood. I really enjoyed Lightyear's CF hood he made with the fastback NB

1 - 20 of 32 Posts