ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carbon fiber rear finish panel for Miata Mk1/NA 90-97

Those were ones of the first items to be made. They are a nice addition to the rear of your Miata and replace the ABS one that are often scratched/dented over the years.

Specs: 3K weaving. CF + UV resistant varnish, gloss clear coat paint (made using vacuum bagging process)

Also available in Fiberglass (FRP) and in Carbon Kevlar (CK). Please check the website for the different pricing.

Lightweight: around 600 grams/1.3 pounds (OEM is around 1.4 Kg/3 pounds)

Flushed: no holes/badges (except the keyhole)

Easy to install: good fitment using factory mounts

US/Japan version:

UK/Euro version:

A few pictures of the products fitted:

Delivery time: I will try to have a stock for those as they are quite popular but for the moment you will have to wait around 10 days for production and 6-7 days for shipping to your door.

Pricing of the different materials available and shipping fees are available on the website: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_59

For any more questions related to those items don't hesitate to reply to this topic, send me a PM on CR.net or by email [email protected]

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
459 Posts
Re: Carbonmiata: Carbon fiber rear finish panel for Miata Mk1/NA

Very nice.

Do you have any concept/renders of the Elise style you said you would be making? I would be very interested on that, preferably in FRP as I would paint it anyway.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Not yet unfortunately. We have the whole idea in our head and are a bit struggling to find some high quality lights.

I ordered some 2 days ago in UK. They do cost an arm (around 150 USD a pair) but I think I will be able to source them cheaper.

I will keep this post updated of course.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You basically don't put the licence plate lights back and save more weight! :D

More seriously, I can provide you a LED string to stick under, where the OEM lights go. I can get some for very cheap. If people request them, I can offer them with the product.

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
378 Posts

will you guys have a group buy on these? I wanna switch out my tired old rear finish panel badly LOL

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the next GB will be on headlights covers but it's not sure yet.

On a side note, I got the lights that I needed for the rear finish panel lotus elise style so this will be started soon!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Flushed rear finish panel finished and released today. Same rate as the Euro and JDM ones.

Fiberglass, carbon fiber and carbon kevlar materials available.

:)

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Oh nice, I am diggin the flush one. Are you still working with the one with integrated lights in it?

I'll want one of the two in frp before my car goes in for paint and body work, but I want to hold off until I see what the one with lights looks like.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
damn that flush one is sick!! i would get that but I would need to relocate my license plate....and get some kind of lighting

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh nice, I am diggin the flush one. Are you still working with the one with integrated lights in it?

I'll want one of the two in frp before my car goes in for paint and body work, but I want to hold off until I see what the one with lights looks like.
Hey sorry for the late answer. Yes I am still working on the one with the lights. The shape is pretty complex so it will take some more time but we will get there! :D

Thanks for your patience.

Marc

·
Cr.net is addicting
2,081 Posts
I'm very interested in this finish panel with said lights . Will you be offering it in fiberglass .

Also do you have pictures of the lights your planning on using .

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Trap makes a pocket that can be added to the stock bumper. Although, license plate pockets are available from a lot of different companies. Mini trucks and the whole bagged and shaved scene use them quite often.

·
Registered
117 Posts
would love to buy just about everything u guys sell for the miata. i wish i could swing it now...

·
Registered
198 Posts
I hope I don't get hanged for bumping an old thread, but I would hate to make a new one. I need a replacement, and I am interested in the euro version. Has any one modified it to be U.S. legal, installing some sort of license plate lights ?? Thanks in advance! I might need a trunk too..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think that you can add a LED strip just over the license plate. I did it before and the result was fine except I chose some ultra bright LED so the light was too strong but with the proper LED, it's easy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts