ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carbon fiber Rear Subwoofer Panel for Miata Mk1/NA and Mk2/NB (with a little cutting I suppose)

This panel sits on the rear shelf just behind the 2 seats. It allows two 6 inches speakers (6.5 inches with a little cutting) to be fitted. You won't be able to complain about the lack of good audio in your Miata anymore! Note that once you put the carpet back, the installation is invisible.

Screws will be offered with each panel.

Specifications:

- 3K Carbon Fibre 1x1 twill (Made in Japan)
- 240g+450g Carbon Fibre/Carbon Kevlar manufactured using vacuum bag
- 45 degree weaving
- Anti-UV gloss clear coating for a long lasting shine and protection

Available in fiberglass (FRP) and Carbon Kevlar (CK).

More pictures fitted and pricing here: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83

For any more questions related to those items don't hesitate to reply to this topic, send me a PM on CR.net or by email [email protected]

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Re: CarbonMiata: Carbon Fiber Rear Subwoofer Panel for Miata Mk1/NA Mk2/NB

This is sooooo sick. Why have I never thought to put speakers there? Goodness, I'd like to see this installed!

·
It's a medical thing.
565 Posts

Can we see pictures of this installed in an NB? I'm nearly certain that these panels aren't compatible, but a picture should clear that up.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is sooooo sick. Why have I never thought to put speakers there? Goodness, I'd like to see this installed!
Check the website! Pictures of the fiberglass panel fitted!!!

Can we see pictures of this installed in an NB? I'm nearly certain that these panels aren't compatible, but a picture should clear that up.
Somebody told me that they should fit! Didn't try myself yet but I will soon! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
40 Posts

That is pretty awesome there. What speakers would you recommend for using with this for best results?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I can't really help you with this as I don't know anything about speakers! I guess you can find some accurate information on the Audio section of the forum!

·
Registered
531 Posts

Not trying to be a jerk but you should never post any FRP (CF) or FRP (Fibreglass) and FRP (Kevlar) product without telling us what the weight is.

Number one specification.

Anyway, I am interested in two measurements.

#1 Depth available from speaker mount point to any obstruction beneath that point. Both sides, as they may differ.

#2 There is a kind of lip at the speaker mount (between speaker and rear of seat). What is the depth of this lip referenced to the flat area of the deck height? (See Image)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I didn't measure the weight yet but I will when the next orders are finished!

For the measurements, give me some time and I will get them for you.

·
It's a medical thing.
565 Posts

I also want to know if this will fit an NB. While it is thought it might fit, I would like to see it actually fitted to your NB. This would be a killer piece to have, but I don't want to test it only to find out it doesn't fit.

·
Registered
531 Posts

I didn't measure the weight yet but I will when the next orders are finished!

For the measurements, give me some time and I will get them for you.
Thank you.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Yaaay! Ive been waiting for this to release ever since seeing it in your other thread!! Ill be picking one up for sure!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

they do no work with boss frog rollbars. maybe others, but I know for sure not the boss frog.

·
Registered
531 Posts

they do no work with boss frog rollbars. maybe others, but I know for sure not the boss frog.
What, exactly, do you mean by "do not work"?

Is there some cutting involved (seems obvious that there is, from looking at the photos)?

Or is there some fundamental part that cannot be modified that stands in the way of installing a roll bar?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I think they can definitely be modified to fit! It just a matter of drilling the holes in the right locations. This should not be difficult at all.

Sorry Johnny I didn't take the measurements yet because I have no piece in production as now!!!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

For my boss frog double hoop the feet of the rollbar were in the holes of the speaker holes. The speakers would need to be moved inward to clear the feet of the rollbar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts