ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carbon Fiber Short Console for Miata Mk1/NA

This carbon fiber shorty console replaces the whole center console on all models Miata 89-97. The backside has the tabs to fit the gearshift gaitor just like the OEM console. Gives a racing style to your interior and deletes the long and bulky plastic center console.

Specifications:

- 3K Carbon Fibre 1x1 twill (Made in Japan)
- 240g+450g Carbon Fibre/Carbon Kevlar manufactured using vacuum bag
- 45 degree weaving
- Anti-UV gloss clear coating for a long lasting shine and protection

Available in Carbon Fiber (CF) and Carbon Kevlar (CK). You can select the material to see the price.

Power windows version will be done before the end of the year along with the Mk2 version.

Link to the website: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_18&product_id=140

Thanks for reading.

Marc

·
Registered
826 Posts
So I got it! It fit better than the stock unit and was finished so nicely that I almost felt bad for painting it.

The plastic piece that holds the shift boot did not fit on or with the mounting provisions provided on the new console so this is what I did to reuse the OEM boot. So far so good.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback!!!

For the provisions, we tried to recreate the ones that are on the OEM console. I guess we failed! The locations are not the same right? We add them after the console is done but I think we have better to integrate them in the mould so that they will be in the exact same locations for every console!

Any chance to get more pics of the console installed? Then I can finally put them on the website! :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
The locations are very close but not identical I think they need to be a little further apart and perfectly perpendicular to the surface.

I will try to get someone to help me take the roof off of my car to get some better shots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts