ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carbon Fiber Windshield Cowl Grille Mk1/NA and Mk2/NB

This lightweight windshield cowl grille replaces the usually cracked and faded OEM plastic piece. Fits Mk1 and Mk2.

Specifications:

- 3K Carbon Fibre 1x1 twill (Made in Japan)
- 240g+450g Carbon Fibre/Carbon Kevlar manufactured using vacuum bag
- 45 degree weaving
- Anti-UV gloss clear coating for a long lasting shine and protection

Available in Fiberglass (FRP), Carbon Fiber (CF) and Carbon Kevlar (CK).

Link to the website: http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_20&product_id=138

Thanks for reading.

Marc

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!!!

Somebody suggested that I should have deleted all the screws holes to make a flush piece. I can definitely modify the mould so what you guys think?

·
Registered
508 Posts
^ how would it mount then? Personally I don't want to double side tape that piece. Keep the holes

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Marc

I don't know enough about the part and how it installs, but without the holes for the screws, how do you keep it on properly? Double sided tape? I think the clean smooth look would be great, better in fact, but as long as it functions as well or better than the one that would have the screw holes in it. I like the idea. Choices are good.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 3M double side adhesive I supply is now wider and better quality so I can provide a roll with each piece just like I do with other products. There is no way the piece will move if properly sticked on the windshield!

I will check how to do this. The flush look would definitely be nicer!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
The 3M double side adhesive I supply is now wider and better quality so I can provide a roll with each piece just like I do with other products. There is no way the piece will move if properly sticked on the windshield!

I will check how to do this. The flush look would definitely be nicer!
That will just make it harder to replace the windshield then, and you'll run the risk of damaging it.

You should make a version without the holes for the wipers ;-)

Awesome product though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts