ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
He was the captain on Star Trek Next Generation. Kidding. A canard is a horizontal control and stabilizing surface mounted forward of the main wing of an aircraft. On a car the canards are the little winglets mounted on the outside corners of the front bumper cover.

·
Vendor
11,669 Posts
#-o

I always called those "bumper winglets". Didn't know the real name. Thanks for educating me. :oops:

Well give your ID card to the border guard.
Yeah your alias says you?re Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Of the United Federation of Planets
'Cuz he won't speak English anyway

\:D/ [schild=11 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Everybody knows, the world is full of stupid people. [/schild]

·
Registered
692 Posts
car nards are those dangly things you see hanging from the rear ends of lifted trucks, usually driven by the white trash/ hessian type :lol:

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I held up the Garage Vary canard to my car and snapped a quick pic.

Can't really decide if I like them... they seem to extend to the front quite a bit. I think canards look better on cars which are more 'squarish'. On a more rounded car like the Miata, the canards look a bit awkward.

Attachments

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I have never seen any that I like from a styling POV. I guess its rice if thats why you put them there anyway.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Well, I'm kind of torn.... I sort of want to run these canards, but they only work w/ the stock bumper & stock lip- and I think I'll change to a different lip....

So I guess for now I'll just put these back in my 'pile' :p until I really decide what to do w/ them.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts