ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I had replaced the cas o-ring a while back and noticed it still leaked. last week i was doing my timing belt and replaced the cas oring with one of the viton o-rings as well as a new valve cover gasket. When i get under the car and look at the cas it looks like it is coming from there so i dont think it is the valve cover. Also I let the car idle for a while and revved it a few times and didnt notice any leak. But if i take the car for a drive and really get on it when i get back to the house and check is when i notice oil back there

·
Registered
370 Posts
It could also be seeping under the aluminum cap that holds the CAS in, you need a dab of silicone on both sides of that as well.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Did you use a dab of silicone at the 4 points in front and 4 in rear for the valve cover gasket?
It could also be seeping under the aluminum cap that holds the CAS in, you need a dab of silicone on both sides of that as well.
Never did any of this AND I have had my VC off several times. No leaks at all :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Pull it off again and check for scoring. There's nothing else back there besides your VC and CAS, so it's a pretty simple process of elimination. Aftermarket VC gaskets can be questionable, buy the OEM one, it's much more robust.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used silicone on the 4 points. It was still leaking the same way before th new valve cover gasket. I will pull the cover off later when i get a chance and check the cap that holds it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well tomorrow i am going to take off the valve cover and cap that holds the cas and silicone there and ill post if it still leaks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i think i may have and hopefully fixed the leak. I went to remove the cap off the cas and one of the bolts wasnt tight at all. I applied rtv between the cap and other 6 points and will give it a shot tomorrow to see if it still leaks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts