ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from NJ have any hookups/contact info of shops for a clutch install on an NB miata? I called my local mechanic and got quoted 425$. I'm sure dealership is out of the question, so post up suggestions! Thanks!

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
i might have an idea. i'll contact dude and see if he's available.
i think he's around rahway, nj. not sure exactly where or where exactly you're looking, but we'll see...might be worth a shot.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
alright, call pablo at nine zero 8 4 eight 7 seven 1 seven four and get an estimate from him.
also get an exact location. i know a bunch of guys who get work done from him. i've personally met dude a number of times as well.
he does great fucking work.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone have any suggestions for clutch? (NB2) I did a search and went through 20 pages of clutches for sale, and essentially useless information. I do not plan on any performance upgrades in the near future, and primarily use the car for daily commute to work/class. I do want something that will last longer, and grip better than stock. Thanks!

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
anyone have any suggestions for clutch? (NB2) I did a search and went through 20 pages of clutches for sale, and essentially useless information. I do not plan on any performance upgrades in the near future, and primarily use the car for daily commute to work/class. I do want something that will last longer, and grip better than stock. Thanks!
Just get an OEM replacement...you have already stated the this is a DD commuter vehicle..so stick with what works...the stock type clutches can take a significant boost in HP before becoming a problem...save your $$$ for good upgrades...like suspension and tires

but before replacing the clutch make sure it is actually the clutch and not a hydraulic issue..which is much more common

·
Registered
945 Posts
pride performance in keansburg nj
True, but they could be overpriced SOMETIMES. They are great guys and very friendly though.

I highly recommend TAB Transmissions. Ask for Tom. They are off exit 133ish on the Garden State Pky. They have done many jobs for me and my friends and he has been in enthusiast clubs for years. If you go or call, speak to Tom and tell them Anthony aka Mysteryskittle from SRT4Mation sent you. Great prices and he knows his stuff like no other.

TAB stands for The Areas Best.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just get an OEM replacement...you have already stated the this is a DD commuter vehicle..so stick with what works...the stock type clutches can take a significant boost in HP before becoming a problem...save your $$$ for good upgrades...like suspension and tires

but before replacing the clutch make sure it is actually the clutch and not a hydraulic issue..which is much more common
will do, thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True, but they could be overpriced SOMETIMES. They are great guys and very friendly though.

I highly recommend TAB Transmissions. Ask for Tom. They are off exit 133ish on the Garden State Pky. They have done many jobs for me and my friends and he has been in enthusiast clubs for years. If you go or call, speak to Tom and tell them Anthony aka Mysteryskittle from SRT4Mation sent you. Great prices and he knows his stuff like no other.

TAB stands for The Areas Best.
sounds good bud.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts