ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering removing the centre console for a cleaner look finished with carpet. I know a few people on here have done the same but how have they finished the carpet area? I think it looks to scruffy to leave as it is.

What I want is something similar to M2 models. Not sure if this car is an M2, but it's a similar detail:

(ripped from RS Products website..also note different needles..?)

I've seen the KGWorks solution but I'm not to keen as it never looks that tidy:

So what to do? Source a M2 style carpet section and A/C console or create my own carpet section and modify it to suit? I'm keen to see other users' solutions..

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i think you'd have to be insane to pay that price personally. Be creative. I removed mine and have a few ideas about how to cover the holes. I just haven't had the time to do it. I like it much better without the console personally.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd like to hear some of you ideas, I'm doing this myself :D

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I think it was D-Technique that has a cover that allows you to chop off the bottom of your existing radio console and turn it into a M2 looking console. Was it D-Technique or was it another japanese vendor? Does anyone else remember?

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those carpet sections are a tiny bit too expensive for me.. :shock:

I prefer the look of the RS Factory centre panel over the d-technique one (though it does provide a place for the electric window switch) but it's not a complete panel. I'm certain the first pic I posted has this part and it seems to be more of a plate that goes over the standard piece once it has had the bottom section altered..

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I knew there was one I was forgetting!

I personally like the RS one better too. but the D-technique one looks a bit more M2 is. imagine getting it covered in leather like the M2 1002.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
well, you could sew your own vinyl quilted cover like the nielex? one or cut your some miata carpeting to your desired shaped and then sew some trim along the edges. it also depends if you're going to go with some kind of surround for the shifter or not.

·
Registered
439 Posts
there was someone on mnet who created their own carpeting

it looked nice, but also looked like a lot of work

if you search for it you'll probably find it

it was a while ago

·
Registered
517 Posts
I didn't understand why people wanted to do this, then I had my center console out today.

Nice little bit of extra room there.

Does anybody have any pictures of the D-Technique NB lower console cover installed?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
So D-technique apparently retrofitted an NB console onto an NA. It requires modification, but has more useful cargo space, and the power window switch is in a better location.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts