ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my Black 1995 NA this morning. It has Borbet Type H wheels and a couple dents/ dings, but I'm happy. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Re: Finally got my Miata!

welcome!
good luck with it,
search, do you, and have fun!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hahaha thanks everybody. It's definitely a work in progress. I have so many plans for it, but so little money now. I'm probably going to change all the fluids and and tires 1st. Then get them aligned. The tires on now are super dry rotted.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts

Cool! Nice find. Brilliant black ftw. Remove those pinstripes though ;)

Take your bumper skin off and gently heat/push out that indentation.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Looks nice welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Oh yea....and called it! Told everyone that you would end up with an NA and look at ya
Haha I wanted a NA from the start though...

·
Registered
289 Posts

So I fixed my whole trunk situation by drilling the right dimple behind the rear license plate, sticking needle nose pliers in and pulling the release latch to the right to release the trunk lid. I also removed the finish panel, removed & fixed the whole key system to unlock the trunk from the back. Now I can open it from both the center console and the from the back. Such a relief. I would've taken pictures if it wasn't so dark outside. Now I gotta visit a junkyard for a driver side pop up mount and motor cuz it doesn't work. I just found out the guy I bought the car from crashed it pretty bad in the front & never reported it, so it never got a salvaged title. I was looking under the front bumper & saw that the front end of the chassis is all bent up so I'm gonna find a good welder and probably get everything reinforced. Also gotta find a new front bumper cuz it's super bent on the inside...

Any ideas/ suggestions on what else I should do?
How bad is the frame damage? You might want to consider starting fresh with a different chassis. Welcome btw, these are great cars

·
Registered
210 Posts

sweet we both could use a roll bar,the pinstripe is annoying to remove though.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Congrats man. It looks great! How many miles are on it? Definitely get maintenance out of the way. I made sure to do that 1st you never know how well the previous owner cared for the car. I realized I hadn't changed my spark plug wires yet and installed a set from rspeed last weekend. The car felt faster after swapping those out than it did from the intake and exhaust I put on it.

Good luck with it and have fun!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Thanks again everyone! It had 138,000 miles on it when I got it and yeah I definitely need a roll bar. I looked for the installation for a Hard Dog bar & I had no idea you had to cut the back. Does anyone know of a video or a walkthrough on how to do this?

·
Registered
369 Posts
1 - 20 of 444 Posts