ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
If you are looking for 15x9 wheels that are "002 cheap" why not just get 15x9 002s?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
TRM C3M might be your ticket. They look pretty good in silver.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol and here I thought I wasn't searching enough. Why doesn't xxr make the 002 15x9 in +10 or +20? That would be sick on the miata with fenders rolled flat. I'll probable get 002's in 15x9 +0 with the 205 tires I already have and pull the mess out of my fenders, but I'd rather not have to do that:(

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
I think you would need 195/45/15 to get the 15x9 0et to fit. You would royally **** your fenders with 205/50/15s. I haven't even seen it pulled off with 15x8 0et, another 12.7mm would eat your **** for breakfast.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I think you would need 195/45/15 to get the 15x9 0et to fit. You would royally **** your fenders with 205/50/15s. I haven't even seen it pulled off with 15x8 0et, another 12.7mm would eat your **** for breakfast.
By the math "will they fit" did for me 15x8 and 15x9 et0 with 205's should be about equal in terms of fitment. I saw someone in the fitment thread pull off 205's on 15x8 +0's. The tops of the tires should be in the same place, but I could be wishfully thinking here. I'm not going to be slammed (nj streets are HORRIBLE even though we pay all those taxes with toll roads etc) just stanced so it will be a little easier for me. To be honest I'm trying to jack Too Tall's stance but with 205's. Maybe it'll work maybe not, that's why I wanted +10-20, but no one in my budget makes that

edit: heres an NA with 15x10 +0 with 205/50's, fenders don't look at all pulled

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
If your streets are horrible I don't think chasing that type of fitment is what you want. Notice how little gap that wheel tire fitment has. A high speed run in with a pothole would tear that thing up. That car has like 1cm of suspension travel.

Anyways that fender has a pretty large pull on it. The whole lip is reshaped. When I get on my laptop I'll find you some pictures of a 205/50/15 on a 15x8. There were some posts in the fitment thread where someone gave up with a set of 15x8.25" xxr 527s and 205s.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn you guys are convincing, have me re-thinking this. Almost feel like I'm on m.net jk jk but seriously though I might just wait until the 531's come out and get those in 15x8 +20. I drive like a maniac to avoid potholes but some of them I just can't miss:roll: If I did pull this off I'd run it allot higher, take a look at Too Tall's build thread, that's the look I'm after

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
I just think you would be a whole heck of a lot better off with either flares, smaller tires, or a higher offset wheel. Since your car is a LSX conversion I don't think smaller tires is the answer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just think you would be a whole heck of a lot better off with either flares, smaller tires, or a higher offset wheel. Since your car is a LSX conversion I don't think smaller tires is the answer.
I picked up a 96' NA for real cheap in good condition to replace my ford aspire (turned out to be an even trade:eek:), the 6uls are gonna be collecting dust on the lsx. Meanwhile, I want a crazy looking set up for my daily

1 - 20 of 25 Posts