ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both sides? or just drivers' side? i am trying to pick up some vinyl today to do some on the miater. WORD. pics will be posted after "installation"

oh yeah, they start at the wheel arch and are angled FORWARD into the hood, right? not back.. at like 70 degree angle or so? not quite 45, definately not 90.

·
Registered
156 Posts
yep, sounds about right. Drivers side only.... or it's your car and have fun doing it however you want! =D>

This is how I did it. 3" wide with 1/2" gap.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
There's a long tradition of chevrons on cars. The Corvette Grand Sports had them, and there were others as well. IIRC, in international racing they actually could be used to tell which side of the car the driver was on in case of an accident, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

I've had green chevrons on my fender for several years in tribute to the green racing stripes she used to wear. They're subtle, and I like them that way.

(edits are onacounta I can't type for crap, apparently)

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
Chevrons are betta!

The history goes back before the Gran Sport but they were used the same as stripes ... for driver/car identification and aestetics. I don't know how JDM it is but the BRE Datsun's had something similiar!

I have 3" wide and 1/2" spacing as well, put the gap in the middle of the wheel well and it pretty much is a 45 degree angle but just eye whatever looks good.

Make sure you allow enough overlap to wrap a little over the top of the fender too. As for the wheel well, don't wrap this but trim it about a mm away from the lip ... you'll see what I'm talking about when you do it.

I do like stripes and probably would have done them but my nose has dimples from the license plate holder but I doubt I'd ever stripe the whole car now since I've had mine done. Don't forget to post pics!

Hey foo ... why did you stop at the hood?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i went into a sign shop at about 4:30 today..

me: Do you have any small sheets of vinyl?
douche: How small?
me: About 2ft by 1ft or so.
douche: Not really.
me: Oh.
douche: Look, i'm really busy and for the time it would take for me to get you the vinyl i could spend it working on these thousand dollar orders i have.
me: Oh. (i wonder just how far i could stick my foot up your bum.)

atleast the other shop i talked to was nice about it and said he'd look around when he gets the chance. where else could i find sticky vinyl?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
There's a long tradition of chevrons on cars. The Corvette Grand Sports had them, and there were others as well. IIRC, in international racing they actually could be used to tell which side of the car the driver was on in case of an accident, but I could be remembering incorrectly.
no Ive heard that to. but I dont remember if it was the driver or the something else safety related but yeah it was something like that.

I cant find any actual references on the web about it, just a special edition covette release...

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
I wanna do Chevron's too, but I'm not sure what color to go with. My car has a gay stock pinstripe down either side (gold and black) and I'm thinking about sticking with that color combo seeing as I'm probably going to go with either bronze or gold wheels.

I'm not really sure where to get the vinyl to do it either...plus, would it look too clashy to do it over with the stock pinstripe too?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts