ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Denny, your Chevs remind me of the RalliArt stripes used on Evo's, I think RoadRaceEngineering uses them as well.

Not to be a noob on this one, but what's with them? (chevrons that is)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Crap. I completely forgot to send some vinyl. Dood, I'm sorry. Completely spaced out on it.

Dman.

Here's mine before I removed them:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Denny, your Chevs remind me of the RalliArt stripes used on Evo's, I think RoadRaceEngineering uses them as well.

Not to be a noob on this one, but what's with them? (chevrons that is)
well, i believe back in the 60's international sports car racing every team painted there car with a certain color that specified what country the team was from. USA, blue, italy, red, britain, green etc.. i think the stripes had to do with what side the driver was on, and to distinguish between cars. different colored stripes for different drivers.. i am probably really wrong, but it makes sense..

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
I thought it was some type of safety thing, I know it says what the use for Chevrons were in the other thread about this.

BTW, I'm diggin' yours, NAautoxer, where did you get the vinyl for them?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Some sign shop in Falls Church wanted $30 (!!) for the 1'x3' vinyl section I wanted for Chevrons, so I just never did it... Where'd you get yours, Joey?

They match the wheels you painted so the blue is now 100% awesome! Win.

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
$30 is about what I paid for the vinyl I used. After going to a couple of sign shops and nobody really wanting to cut anything that small I just paid for a place that was willing to do it ... I did get spares though.

NAautoxer, I heard all those, also you'll find some references to them being called "rookie stripes", anyrate, I like em.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Some sign shop in Falls Church wanted $30 (!!) for the 1'x3' vinyl section I wanted for Chevrons, so I just never did it... Where'd you get yours, Joey?

They match the wheels you painted so the blue is now 100% awesome! Win.
That's insane. Check other shops. I bought 3 feet of gold chrome (more expensive than a lot of other vinyls) for $9 from a local shop the other day.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
my friend got it for free. if you want, tell me the color you want and i can see if he can get it for you for cheep.
What about gold, bronze, or black? I'm not sure which would look best, gold stripe then bronze stripe, or bronze stripe then black stripe.

I'm setting up a purchase of four Watanabe replica's that I plan on refinishing bronze...if that makes any difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts