ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I spend alot of time lurking around on the internet and Miata forums so I figure why not start a build thread please bump to remind me to post updates

Story starts with a "wrecked" 90 I bought for autocross a few years ago when my s2000 in my Avatar no longer was getting thrown around the cones

a little hot on the brakes notice the Halloween decorations spray painted on agx shocks on some no name springs 15x7 rpf1s and rs3s at the wear bar and a center exit exhaust that would shoot flames.....I fell in love with the miata

fast forward 2 years s2000 is sold miata is traded away for a bmw that has had a v8 thrown in it and the itch for a fun roadster comes back

so I pick this 95 fun and sun montigo up for 1800 needs 2 doors a top, a fender and has light quarter panel damage... it was a good deal at the time and ran like a top

enter the wrecked 94 M edition for 1800 good paint koni yellows memory fab seat racing beat front sway boss frog double hoop and a few other little things here and there

so after a long weekend of swapping doors forward body panels suspension sway bar seats and picking up a hardtop and rpf1s the car ends up looking like this.... also picked up a trunk rack equipped trunk (guilty pleasure I guess but I love em)

close up of the shaved rear finish panel and red out altezzas I picked up

so a few months past and I end up making all my money back out of selling the rest of the parts off of the 94 m edition I didn't use so as Im browsing craigslist for the coveted 95 M edition I started looking for 6 months earlier I spot a Deal 5 hours away...... Enter the 95m
what she looked like the day I picked her up

2800 bucks a hardtop perfect stock wheels it was a little rough guage hood busted bad speedo cable bad antenna bad airbags and broken dash... but oem hardtop from the factory and a trunk rack (again a must for me)

so i park her and spend the night before the 5 hour drive back home........

I wake up to this

apparently someone was nice enough to back into me and drive off over night note: I removed the center caps for the long drive home..... call insurance with the other drivers insurance since I can see paint transfer and give them all the info and the presue the matter since Florida won't do anything with it in a parking lot..... just my kind of luck I think

so now I have 2 of them and the wife says the montego has to go.....

At this point I was waiting for insurance to let me know what I need to do they tell me they are working to get the other drivers insurance and are willing to pay to fix the car and bill them...USAA FTW..... estimate comes back right at 1500 so first thing I do is jump on mx5 atlanta and buy up a fender, door(with regulator no swapping stuff out),gauge hood, Passenger airbag, and 97 Nardi shiftknob... this is the best day ever I was thinking to my self

so i start swapping stuff over getting the montego ready to sell

by the end of the day on week three the car sits waiting for paint with pre cut carpet for the rollbar new dash new airbag new guage hood new speedo cable no door no fender waiting to go pick them up....

While the car is in paint I ordered some megan street coilovers for her since the koni flying miata spring combo didn't set the car at the hight I wanted all around

at this point I just got the car back from paint installed side diffusers rollbar after painting it silver and a few other goodies along the way that I missed photos of...... while waiting for the paint to cure so it can be buffed out I snap a few back ally shots with none of the lights or lips installed

and a shot with a few local buddys 2nd car is my old montego

after getting the car back from buffing I go ahead and slap the front lip on and reflectors and lower her down right where I want her

here is where I get sidetracked for a day of pure fun.... a buddy drops by with a terrible ebay drag wing so we decide to mount up the trunk off the wrecked m edition and make risers so it looks more GT and less EGay.... and results make me want a real one from time to time

so back to actually working on the car after reading Revlimiters write up on the s2000 push to start and my hatred of aftermarket radios I install a hidden amp s2000 start button and a few dumby switchs just to fill empty space (one is used to turn off the amp and other 2 will one day be useful Im sure)....

get this done just in time for miatas at the gap as well as my dual borla exhaust installed which you can see in this nice rolling shot from a friend and our group before we drive up Note: montego car with silver stripe is my old car

so Im sure alot of you where there at least you east coast folks beating some of you recognize the car with the silver stripe even..... it wasn't the best weekend guy in red shirt is the owner of that car he was fine
drug her home to part out and recoup some of his lose

and now out with the sad in with more pics of my jewel and a few little additions

Another local friend of mine wanted to do some light painting so we took the miata out and got a few good shots in from that night

and on to my newest additions some stickers and pretty up the car stuff
another little detail that Ive always loved the na6 mazda emblem on the bumper 1.6 be damned Im rocking it and return of the hood stripe another little thing I feel sets off the car well also had a local guy hand paint on the numbers for me for that vintage flavor and feel

in the grid at the local autocross with the wife piloting

and last little detail I have actually added to the car something all vintage themes need on a miata
zoom gas lid

now that you know my story and seen the progress Ill throw up a current mods list so you get an idea of what the underside holds and some of the stuff I just never took photos of

MODS
99 motor swap
racing beat intake
exposed valvecover (cam sensor hole was ugly)
borla dual exhaust with testpipe
02 header
megan racing street coilovers
oem r package front and rear lips
rspeed side skirts
custom striping
na6 mazda emblem
red lower turn signals all around
zoom gas door
factory luggage rack
kg works rear spoiler
shaved front bumper rear tag garnish and power antenna
memory fab racing seat
g force 4 point harness
boss frog double hoop painted hammered silver
radio delete plate with s2000 start button
hidden amp with aux input
red out altezza tail lights
kg works polished wavy cluster cover
14x7 plus 19 rpf1s wrapped in star spec z1s
hardtop spoiler currently not installed
spare hood with vents for head dissipation (currently half way completed)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No updates as of recent bought a hardtop spoiler an didn't like it so I sold it
Next major update is hopefully powder coating the rollbar chrome as the paint just isn't clean looking after a few roadtrips and daily driving

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lots of updates cause I'm terrible at posting up what I do no pics but just picked up garage vary taillights I'm having a zoom style bumper being made mounted a nardi in the car an installed a few guages also picked up a megasquirt to start making it a little faster

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

so these photos show the most recent updates to include a set of track wheels and tires my new nardi wheel and road kids short shifter chrome powder coated valve cover and rollbar and garage vary taillight set. also have a autokonexion nascar spoiler on order minus the side parts to replace the kg works i previously had. also have a track dog extreme splitter im going to copy and add under engine support to

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

well added a front splitter and autokonexion nascar center spoiler
splitter is a copy of the tdr extreme splitter only I extended it to past the front subframe so it at least acts somewhat like a front diffuser and its wood so its much stiffer then the plastic they use to make em

also lurking in a few shots is the new tow rig now to just sell the trailblazer ss

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well no picture updates are terrible but I have decided to do a honda j series swap on the car i pulled the motor this weekend and will get some very lame photos up shortly this won't be a quick project as I'm also in the process of readying my house to put up for sale so please heckle away to keep me on top of updates also planning to order some 15x8 rpf1s if any one is looking for a set of 14x7s

·
Supporting Member
269 Posts
Following for JV6 updates. ;-)

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.