ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overheard a child ask her mum "How can Santa find us if we live in our car and have to sleep in different parking lots?" and my heart just shattered! Her mum just teared and said that Santa might not have enough for everyone this year. The little girl said "I just want Santa to give you a job so we can sleep in our bed again!" I asked her mum if I could buy her a little $1 doll and she told her daughter that Santa came earlier for her and asked the girl to thank "Santa". They both gave me a kiss and wished me a happy holidays. The little girl gave me a half eaten cookie to give Rudolph!

I am not asking much but please share a little to the less fortunate. Used jackets, blankets and maybe a few cup noodles to the needy. They might not be much to us but they mean the world of difference to the few who are in need. It's getting colder now at night, a little goes a long way! Do the right thing! Not all of them are drunkards and/or drug dependent. Most are just down on their luck. So please, leave the judgement behind and let the spirit of Christmas take over! Thank you!!!

---
- Ken B. posted this from his iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
I know what it's like to be residentially challenged, so I tend to help those in need, provided they don't appear to be junkies or just looking for a handout. I like helping people as much as I can, because the kindness of strangers got me through some tough times. I've even gone so far as to take a guy and his dog back to my house to let him shower, shave, have a good meal and a beer.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's touching. Even something really small goes a long way.

I've put money into the salvation army donation things to help people out and I'll continue to do it. :)
I don't like giving monies to charities or individuals. I usually donate canned goods to help ensure that the fatcats don't filter out the funds before dispursing them out. It's mighty big of you to give though and that is always a good start! ;)

I know what it's like to be residentially challenged, so I tend to help those in need, provided they don't appear to be junkies or just looking for a handout. I like helping people as much as I can, because the kindness of strangers got me through some tough times. I've even gone so far as to take a guy and his dog back to my house to let him shower, shave, have a good meal and a beer.
I tip my hat off to you sir! It's people like you who makes this world a better place! I myself have spent many nights homeless so I do have a soft spot in my heart and will try my best to make it easier on those who are needy. If a drunk or junkie asks me for change, I ask them what they need it for and if they say they're hungry, I buy them food instead of giving them some loose change. It's not because I don't trust them, it's because I don't trust their addiction! May God continue to bless people like you and give you the strenght to never come back to what you have badly experienced! ;)

---

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Very cool! :)

My story isn't as good, but today my Dad and I were sitting at an outdoor bar sharing a pizza and this homeless guy was sitting across from us watching the football game on tv. We had half the pizza left over, so we gave it to him. He was very grateful and scarfed it down :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very touching story. My hats go off to both of you for those awesome stories its hard to think that this world has any good people left in it but you give me hope!
Thank you sir! I'm sure you would've done the same. Kindness is within all of us, sometimes we just forget until were reminded by the meek!

Very cool! :)

My story isn't as good, but today my Dad and I were sitting at an outdoor bar sharing a pizza and this homeless guy was sitting across from us watching the football game on tv. We had half the pizza left over, so we gave it to him. He was very grateful and scarfed it down :)
God bless you man! Just remember that no matter how small or insignificant you might've thought it was, your assistance to that person made a huge difference to him today!

---

·
Sneaky Ninja
950 Posts
I applaud your actions guys. I only wish everyone was as kindhearted as you. :3

I can't stand when I see people holding a sign saying that they're hungry, then they deny food someone offers them.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Happened to me once. I was in downtown Dallas for the night staying at a buddy's apartment. We went walking around for the hell of it just getting some air. Stopped at the 7-11 and saw a homeless man outside the door as we were walking out and he asked for "spare change for food". I told him to tell me what he wants and that I'll get him a meal at McDonald's right across the street. He then responded with "Nevermind". Dumbass just wanted some money to feed his crack habit. He walked off and we saw him picking up old cigarette butts off the ground to smoke. I never give change to the homeless. I'll offer food, but never actual money for that very reason.

·
Zero felonies. One deportation.
1,594 Posts
I don't like giving monies to charities or individuals. I usually donate canned goods to help ensure that the fatcats don't filter out the funds before dispursing them out. It's mighty big of you to give though and that is always a good start! ;)
Agreed. I don't usually hand out money. The salvation army and GoodFellows are exceptions.

I was downtown a week ago going to a place that sells Schwarma and someone asked me for money. They said they needed it for food. I said follow me I'll buy you something. I bought them a combo and there face lit up so much it made my day. :)

·
DopePhresh™
1,104 Posts
this holiday, i am buying 75 worth of things for little kids, around 5-10 dollars each. and 75 worth of stuff like hot chocolate stuff, 10 dollar giftcards to random stores, etc.

then starting about a week before christmas I'm gonna hand them out to regular random people i see walking around. they might not be needy or less fortunate but I think the peoples smiles will be worth it.

my family isn't getting any presents from me, we're all well off and have birthdays anyways.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,216 Posts
then starting about a week before christmas I'm gonna hand them out to regular random people i see walking around. they might not be needy or less fortunate but I think the peoples smiles will be worth it.
I would feel insulted regardless if I needed it or not. You're better off finding a church that does some sort of gift basket thing for the needy

·
DopePhresh™
1,104 Posts
I would feel insulted regardless if I needed it or not. You're better off finding a church that does some sort of gift basket thing for the needy
its not a needy type thing, it's just to make people smile. dunno whats wrong with you that you would take offense from getting a random present but this video inspired me.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its not a needy type thing, it's just to make people smile. dunno whats wrong with you that you would take offense from getting a random present but this video inspired me.

Nevermind Freshbuzzkill, he obviously got a huge lump of coal from Santa! Or he's the lone child of Ebenizer and the Grinch!!! :D

Whatever it is you do will certainly be appreciated. You're a good man regardless of anyone's opinion. ;)

---

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do hate this time of the year though. Brings up bad past memories.
Don't let bad memories flood the good ones. I'm sure whoever it is you miss will want you to enjoy life and this holiday as if they were there with you! ;)

---

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This year I am putting Crayons/Stuffed Animals/Board Games/& Much more in backpacks for children in shelters.

I think I may even dress up as Santa.

I'm doing my part :D
You'll definitely make a few children's day as special as it is supposed to be for them, Bless you kind sir!!!

---

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Don't let bad memories flood the good ones. I'm sure whoever it is you miss will want you to enjoy life and this holiday as if they were there with you! ;)

---
Yeah. Just lingers in my head a lot, especially when the Christmas holidays come up. My dad passed away last year a week before Christmas due to pancreatic cancer. Not a day has gone by when I haven't thought about it. But, I am glad that he is now free of pain.

R.I.P Pops.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts