ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my Bare Metal ChumpCar Miata.

It is a 1995 Miata however,
Engine
It has the wiring harness out of a 1990 miata along with the 1.6L engine. Approximately 200k on the motor, but was rebuilt right before I purchased the car.
Engine has ARP head bolts, and runs pretty decently. Has the stock 1.6 Upper exhaust manifold and lower 1.8 manifold and stock 95 Exhaust all the way back.
Also has stock NB clutch and flywheel.
Car has the stock transmission that shift smooth, and haven't had any issues with it. Fresh fluid in the trans.
Stock Open Diff
Does have stock intake tube, and cone filter.

Exterior
Car does have some rust
Paint has been removed from the car completely with the exception of a couple spots. -IE numbers and rockers and bumpers.
Passenger side door looks like it took a hit. It is slightly damaged, which I found after stripping the paint.
Brand new steal hood. Was traded for the stock aluminum hood.
Brand New windshield

Chassis and interior
It is fully caged with 3 bar Nascar style door bars. It was built with taller drivers in mind and to keep the seat adjustable.
Has an aluminum Ultrashield seat (18" w/Black cover)
Cheapy steering wheel
Customized Dash- Well Customized may be not be the best term. It is not needed anymore due to dash bar being welded to the cage.
Will come on 1990 brake setup as well.
Suspension would be stock setup plus stock 99NB setup. Would even through in a set of KYB AGX's with the car. (probably won't want to use them for Chump, but good for testing the car and saving wear on the other suspension)
Stock Sway Bars.
Lastly would throw in a set of stock 14x6 hollow spokes and 14x6 O.Z. Rally wheels.
Fuzion HRI 195/60-14's on the O.Z. wheels
corded Kuhmo V710's on the stock miata wheels- 205/55-14's

The Car runs great, handles pretty decently. Would make an awesome ChumpCar.
Looking to sell it for $2000 total.
Thats 500 for the car, 1300 for the cage, and 200 for seat and other odds and ends.

Open to offers, but more or less looking to send this down the road. If someone is interested let me know...

Now time for pictures.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Chumpcar is something everyone should experience. Bump for one of the best weekends of my life. Wish I could pick this up.

·
Registered
920 Posts
How does the legality of selling a Chumpcar work? Do you have to sell the vehicle for $500 and then sell the safety equipment separately?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been to chump. Believe me you wouldn't catch to much guff over this car. It would be priced as any other 1.6 miata.

Underneath its a stock 1.6 miata.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted to add. I do have some extras that could go with the car to the right buyer.

The team I had set up kind of fizzled out, and my interest in chump fizzled out. I have alot of time into this car, and while its not the fastest car, or best car, it is reliable as all sin, and bullet proof. I am willing to work with interested parties especially those wanting to use the car for chump any info and help they may require with it.

If there are any questions seriously- post them and don't be afraid to ask. I can explain every modification, and thought process behind every decision made while building the car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as how are Chump Cars priced. Its according to an AIV or Average Internet Value. If you can find a similarly equipped car for under $500 etc. To prove legality the easiest way is to provide 10 other cars across the country going for under $500 that are similar to this car for example. rusty, shitty 1.6L miatas can be had for less than $500 pretty regularly if you look around.

Also by a general rule on their forum, If you strip away the wheels and tires, brakes, cage, any and all safety equipment, how much would you pay for the car? Also they have a list of typical cars, and the miata is on it, listed as compete as stock. If you show up with a stock car, probably won't get too much guff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts