ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link
Circuit Hero Tow Hooks, soon to be available for Miatas!
Whoa! Circuit Hero is back? The one thing I was always concerned about with the tow hooks that mount like that is what happens if the tow strap is at an angle? If you pull up on a tow strap the tow hook will swing up. If you keep pulling up there is an equilibrium at which point the tow hook will stop rotating relative to the car. I just hope that point occurs before the tow hook makes contact with the bumper cover. I think tow hooks look best in the vertical orientation like the one shown here. One day I will replace my MazdaspeedUSA front tow hook because of this reason.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
If I recall, Circuit Hero never really made anything aside from shift lever extender and hood prop shims.

I love their name though! Got the japanese-engrish down pat!

·
2,708 Posts
I buddy on hybrids.jp used to own that name and make the parts, then the supplier got shady so he stopped. Then another buddy from hybrids got a hold of the name and is now producing stuff for Hondas. I'm trying to convince him there's a market for miatas also, hang tight!

·
Registered
145 Posts
What the heck is a hood prop shim.........hinge shims to extract hot air?
Anyone got a pic of a shift extender? Is this just a luxury item?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What the heck is a hood prop shim.........hinge shims to extract hot air?
I believe Jesse was referring to this.

Anyone got a pic of a shift extender?
http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=621

Is this just a luxury item?
Luxury? Not really. Big pimpin'? Depends on who you ask. I think of it as a race item since it allows you to move the shift lever closer to the steering wheel but it's all a mater of ergonomic preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts