ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car will be on the road soon (1991 NA) and I need to insure it obviously. I was wondering if my car would even qualify as a classic/Historic Vehicle. The only company I have really seen is Hagerty..

Any info would be helpful.

·
Supporting Member
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm with Farm Bureau. I'm going to call and see. Just wondering if anyone has any experience good/bad with any particular company.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I tried to get insurance through Hagerty with my '94. After I filled out the forms, gave them all my information, they even quoted me. I did the whole process and then an insurance rep called me and said that they don't even insure miatas. What a waste of time. And even if they let you insure the miata don't expect to drive it more than 1000 miles a year.

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
I tried to get insurance through Hagerty with my '94. After I filled out the forms, gave them all my information, they even quoted me. I did the whole process and then an insurance rep called me and said that they don't even insure miatas. What a waste of time. And even if they let you insure the miata don't expect to drive it more than 1000 miles a year.
Exact same thing happened to me. A year or two before I purchased my car, I talked with a Miata owner that said he had Hagerty & paid close to nothing for insurance. I went ahead and filled out all the forms & everything. At the last second I got a call from a rep that said they don't cover Miata's. I was annoyed...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I had Hagerty on my Porsche 911. They said I can't drive it for more than a 1,000 miles, but they never checked. I basically didn't use my Mazda for 2 years and used the 911 as a daily.

And yeah, I paid very little for insurance on the Porsche. It was much less than the Mazda. lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts