ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
there are more then a few companies out there producing subframes and motor swap for classic minis. even less a couple of them are doing awd rear subframes with honda crv real time 4wd. D series B series K series swaps all around. just think k24 awd turbo or supercharged. at 1300+ lbs depending on the car you choose for swap. I think its super cool and different. something this car scene needs now a days.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Not having traction is gay as ****.

EDIT: 4 of the pictures don't work.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're only roasting tires to make it sound fast. I've seen a b20 turbo. Swapped. It's fast. He decided to get a little more out of it and added the real time awd. Over all just cool swaps. It's nice to see something you don't see every day, and year by year we will see less classic minis.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have 70' Honda N600 that will be getting a mid engine rwd swap in the next year or 2. Car is so rad to drive with even the stock 36 hp motor. Love Mini's too.

·
3,857 Posts
Definitely cool stuff, just not sure how is the CRV's all wheel drive system. What kind of type it is and what is the distribution at the front and rear.
Even though I drive a high HP miata this thing looks scary to me. There is really nothing at the front, 10 mph collision and you just squeezed your supercharger into your block.
The other thing that come to mind is that there is too much weight at the front but I guess with my 230lbs of mass in the middle things won't be very bad :)

·
Sponsor
548 Posts
I held off on selling the powertrain in my B16 CRX for a year to try and save up the funds to make this happen. Classic Mini shells command so much money these days! Install a decent aftermarket differential and some sticky tires and you should have no problem putting the power to the ground.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
there was a really nice mini with a honda motor (dont remember which one) and a crv awd swap on bring a trailer a few weeks ago. It was bonkers

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah that red one is dope

·
Supporting Member
157 Posts
back in the early 2000's i remember seeing people using the mini bodies and sticking in b18's in the front and in the back...all of a sudden this is new?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've ridden in one. (didn't drive) It was well sorted as far as swaps go and mostly put together with off the shelf swap components. To get to the point... the car did have slight issues putting traction down but no worse than my r53 mini was @ 200+ whp. I've got no data but it seemed sinister quick and turned in as hard as any street car I'd been in.

I wouldn't mind having one but the reality is that the standard mini is quite a bit of fun. I will most likely do one up if something were to happen to my element and I was in an insurance buyback situation.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Too bad the H22 I have sitting around wouldn't fit. I'd think it would be too big. It can barely fit in a CRX.

·
Registered
691 Posts
There was one running around daytona with a rear engine k2 in it. That was sweet.
I like the spridgets with th honda or suzuki swaps. That's fun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts