ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EVERYTHING MUST BE GOLD!

My 96' M edition 32,000 OG Miles Build Thread

I've been lurking on here for a few years now. It's probably time I post something now that I feel I actually have something to share with all of you.

My Miata Obsession starts

Back when I first got into cars I was really into stance. I was 15, I didn't care about anything else other than putting a car on its frame :fp: I thought Miatas looked cool with xxr's and :rice:land coils so I went ahead and had my parents buy me a white 90' with 60k miles on it that I found on my local CL. It was a very nice car and I defiantly drove it like any 15 year old would which lead to me to never putting any parts on it, eventually wrecking, and being too poor to fix it so I sold it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
where is the 96M?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting Side Tracked

Grew up, got a job, bought a 325ix, built the motor bored and stroked to a 3.1liter with a 272 cam and forged 11:1 comp pistons. It was fun until something went wrong and now it has a knock. Kinda just gave up on the car after wasting a lot of money, bought a daily (84' Volvo GL wagon) and then bought my new Miata.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally

This is my 96' M edition that I found on Seattle CL after months of searching for the perfect car. Called the guy who was of course 60+ and couldn't get in and out of it anymore. He said he could hold it for me for a week, that way he would have more time with the car before he had to finally give it up.

Packed up and took the 820 mile drive out to seattle to buy my new car.

I couldn't have asked for a better example. The only thing that was wrong with the car was the oem alarm system had been disconnected because it was killing the battery. The car is perfect.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coilovers

Bought some BC 12k 10k Coilovers for a steal from a friend who needed some money and only had them on his car for 400 miles.

Winter Mode

Bought a set of new Firestone Winterforce tires to drive the Miata through our terrible weather for those days when the Volvo wouldn't start (most days as you can tell)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nardi

I always thought the interior looked terrible without one of these. Plus I needed a wheel to match my shift knob and ebrake.

-Nrg short hub adapter
-Nrg quick release hub gen 2.8 in black
-Nardi 330mm deep corn wheel ordered from rev9
-Daikei Gold steering wheel bolts also from rev9

Valve Cover

Also picked this up from a forum member on here and had it sandblasted.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've seen pictures of your volvo and bmw, both are sweet! Your miata really looks clean, good find! I'm sure you take good care of it, have fun!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
New parts with no updates.

Bumper cut plus used 5zigen super lap exhaust from a member (wrx787). I also have a racing beat rear brace but it needs to be painted before installing. Car needs to get cleaned too. I bought some Ammo NYC products to deal with the swirls.

Took some better pictures of the track dog lip.

Bought some EBC Yellow stuff pads and stage 5 rotors. All I can say is WOW! I've never experienced brakes like these before, amazing.

Got my queen key from rev9 japan and this king keychain off some Australian guy on ebay. I'm in love with both of them.

Bought a takata/speedhunters tow strap.

-In the mail
:GV taillights
:Carbon Miata flares
:GV Canards

Volk Mesh Wheels
Made in the early 70's before Volk was even called Ray's Volk Racing
Magnesium Centers that are Tan and match the soft top and interior perfectly
15x7 et0 front and 15x8et -7 Rear
Currently sitting in my garage looking pretty!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Couple more things

Got these POS OBX headers. Couldn't get the EGR to fit so I just deleted it. Had to remove the motor mount bolt and jack up the engine to get them in. Noticeable power gains though so it all paid off in the end. Plus they look prettier than stock.

Took the wheels off my bimmer and put some pos tires on them to burn off.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got my Carbon Miata flares back from paint and they turned out amazing. Had some issues with the paint shop though. They painted them a sparkly baby blue color at first which was disappointing after waiting 4 weeks for them to do it. Then when I went to pick them up they color matched it to my car and got them re-painted in a day....

1 - 20 of 84 Posts